Genesis Platinum

Yup, that's why I've decided to give it to my brother instead of flipping it because of its historical value, that way at least I know I will still have access to one. Also, I was able to get the Platinum for $100 and of course there is rust in the usual spots...I may just make it an open cart grill because I have an extra wire rack or put the durawood boards because I have an extra set of those. I also saw that some members were able to get aluminum brackets for the bottom so I may go that route. I really want to make it a closed cabinet grill though so I'm going to try and salvage the back and side panels and treat em with POR 15.

Sam,

I definitely think there are options. My Platinum has rust in the usual places, too:

b96l9j.jpg

2v0hj01.jpg

I would love to be able to replace these parts with stainless or maybe your idea of aluminum. That isn’t likely, so I have started the removal of these parts to be replaced with two stainless tubes to create a complete frame without needing the bottom. Then I am looking at making bottom trays with unpainted stainless z brackets and durawood slats.

Back