Genesis Platinum Build - My Forever Grill

Cody Bratton

TVWBB All-Star
So this thread will be progressing slowly, but I’m hoping to have this thing done and ready to cook by spring. I figured I have gotten far enough to start a thread and add to it as I go. Similar to Mark’s total modification to his platinum grill project, my mind seems to change by the hour as to what/how I want to do things. I have one never-changing goal for this grill. Nothing will be black (aside from the wheels, and likely the grease tray).

Thanks to Mark, this grill may get outfitted with the original style of cabinet and doors. I will still be adding the lower E/W cross bars to the frame and will likely be welding all joints solid or at least on one hidden side, as I may have plans to sand and polish all visible stainless steel. 😳

I have not made a final decision as to what cookbox it will be getting. Regardless of that decision, it will be wearing a blue lid, and be retaining the original side burner. There’s strong chance it will wield dual tanks.

I was today years old when I learned first hand about what I’ve read about the spot welds breaking on the frame extension pieces, and was treated to a stripped out bolt stuck in a leg this morning. I won the battle, but the war has only just begun.

So far I’ve cleaned and greased the valves, blasted and painted the end caps, manifold, manifold hooks, and tank hanger all in rustoleum high heat semi-gloss silver. The cook box will also get the same treatment whenever I make up my mind what I’m doing there!

Feel free to weigh in, throw me ideas and continue to provide the fantastic insight you always do!

Special thanks to @MarkCuda and @Bruce for helping me acquire the pieces to make my dream grill, a reality!

Attachments

• IMG_7569.jpeg
    IMG_7569.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7550.jpeg
    IMG_7550.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7549.jpeg
    IMG_7549.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7745.jpeg
    IMG_7745.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7521.jpeg
    IMG_7521.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7829.jpeg
    IMG_7829.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7857.jpeg
    IMG_7857.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7859.jpeg
    IMG_7859.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7858.jpeg
    IMG_7858.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 17
Going with a regular Silver B cook box will make the whole project easier. I am really interested in seeing how it looks with all the parts that you plan to paint silver.

I would not have guessed it, but that badge actually looks pretty cool. Especially with the other parts being painted silver and against the blue lid.

Thanks Bruce. I’m growing quite fond of the silver rustoleum ultra. The metallic lays down somewhat difficult on larger areas, but I have it mostly figured out. But the way it’s held up on the cookbox on my 330, I’m sold on its quality. I wish it would’ve been part of the big deal days, I’d have ordered a 6 pack. Really wishing I’d have ordered 6 more of the black semi-gloss, too.

Back