Genesis ii s240

John Ford

TVWBB Pro
Just got this grill for my son’s new house. It’s a was used it’s only three years old it really is in good shape and looks great after I’ve cleaned it up but the igniter for the two burners is not working strangely the igniter for the side burner is. I’ve taken it apart and apparently all of the wiring looks good. My question is I know the parts even the igniter have a 10 year warranty but since I am not the original owner will weber still cover the parts ?0F1B42D7-C0D1-40AD-BAAF-59F76E60117F.jpeg

They will not if they know you are a second owner. If you find the serial number and go to Weber.com and register it to your account with a purchase back in the year it was sold, then they will likely honor the warranty if the igniter is covered under it.

They will not if they know you are a second owner. If you find the serial number and go to Weber.com and register it to your account with a purchase back in the year it was sold, then they will likely honor the warranty if the igniter is covered under it.
Thanks

John. Just for the record. I don't advocate doing that. I am just letting you know what others have done. I pick up a couple dozen grills a year and would like to use the warranty on those that still have some left, but in all good faith, I follow the rules.

The reason I KNOW it works, is that when I first started rehabbing grills and did not even know this forum existed, I had a later Genesis Silver B with a black lid and the lid had the "haze" really bad. I didn't know what it was or how to get rid of it, so I called Weber C/S to ask. They asked for a couple pictures of what I was talking about and I sent them. I got a reply back saying a new lid was on the way. I never asked for the lid or indicated that I was the original owner. And I did not ask for a new lid. After that, I found out that technically, being a second owner, they don't have to honor the warranty.

I just wanted to get out the full disclosure to everyone reading the above.

On another note, I guess I didn't even realize that Weber made a two burner Genesis for the Generation II grills.

Replacement ignition was $ 64 shipped
pulled ignition & its a channel products 1853-01 a fairly standard part Used on several types of grills. Bought directly for $17 shipped

Back