Genesis II E-325 Lid Feet/Bumpers

Jay D in Jersey

TVWBB Wizard
Was cleaning the grill in anticipation of coming warmer days.
I noticed smal holes drilled where the front lid bottom meets the firebox. It looks like there should be small silicone bumpers or feet to cushion the metal on metal closing of the lid but there are none.
Is this an oversight during assembly(Ace Hardware)? Or are they not needed nor included?
I see dome Webers do use them. Also, is there a generic/aftermarket alternative?
Thanks 😊

Well... It looks like they do have bumpers listed for that grill. Part number 66061 is still available on Weber's site. It says fits lid assembly and side burner lid. I have not played with any newer grills so I've never seen these before. I would have thought they'd burn up after a while.

They are silicone I believe and able to handle high temps. Weber does use them on newer grills from what I have seen. If your grill is fairly new, I would call Weber and let them know that your grill came that way from the store. I have a feeling they would send you out a set free of charge.

The way the predrilled holes are placed, the bumpers would make contact with the small tabs on the PCI grates . Makes me wonder if aftermarket SS grates would render them useless. Thanks for reminding me about contacting Weber.

Back