Genesis Hinge Pin Snapped and Stuck

Well, this happened today!

I purchased a propane torch today and went back to work. After an intense battle with PB, propane heating, and banging with the hammer, I was finally able to get the long pin to move, and after knocking it flush in the other direction, one quick clamp setup and a few turns later, it was out!

The piece with the head on it was much more difficult. The ballbearing set up had not budged it after a few weeks. I went to work on it with the torch, spraying PB as much as able to, and after a few rounds, was able to knock it free with a punch and hammer.

I am so pumped to have completed this “extraction”, and could not have done it without all of your support and advice.
Thank you all for everything! Here’s to another 30 years with this beaut!

Stephen

Attachments

• IMG_2436.jpeg
    IMG_2436.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 7
Well, this happened today!

I purchased a propane torch today and went back to work. After an intense battle with PB, propane heating, and banging with the hammer, I was finally able to get the long pin to move, and after knocking it flush in the other direction, one quick clamp setup and a few turns later, it was out!

The piece with the head on it was much more difficult. The ballbearing set up had not budged it after a few weeks. I went to work on it with the torch, spraying PB as much as able to, and after a few rounds, was able to knock it free with a punch and hammer.

I am so pumped to have completed this “extraction”, and could not have done it without all of your support and advice.
Thank you all for everything! Here’s to another 30 years with this beaut!

Stephen
Nice! Glad you finally got it out - and without damage to the ears. Well, the cookbox ears... Don't know about *your* ears. Banging on a cookbox gets loud:ROFLMAO:

Back