Genesis - Harley Davidson edition?

It seems wasteful to start another thread, so I’ll just slip this freshly finished 2 burner in here. It’s a bit of a hybrid or frankengrill if you will. I’ve had this gray lid around for a while and have been looking for the right time to use it so I pulled a black lid model with a bad case of Weber “fade” from the boneyard to make what you see here. And, yet again, surprisingly strong money here in Upstate NY for a 2 burner mid-level refurb at this time of year...sold for $250.

155D7204-9BEE-4C0B-A7EA-06B6A43715EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that lid handle original or did you do something to make it white?
I have a handle that looks like that too. It's much lighter in color than the other durawood handles I've come across. My guess is that's an earlier one and they changed the formula for the plastic as they went along.

Is that lid handle original or did you do something to make it white?
It came to me that way. I just cleaned it up a bit as part of the refurb process. I have another very similarly light colored one in the boneyard on an older wood slat 2 burner. I guess it’s possible the older ones started life with the lighter coloration or it could be they just had a propensity to fade more.

Back