Genesis Gold Resto Completed

Dave in KC

TVWBB Wizard
Finished this one off on Sunday. Hopefully it will be making an excellent grill
for years to come for another family by next Sunday.

W7ptA73h.jpg

Spent 2 hours on the inside of that firebox, and it is still light years away from a Bruce model.

hsRmzpzh.jpg

nc0nHsIh.jpg

MoxflUqh.jpg

Thanks to my wife for hand painting the kettle with some bright red caliper paint.

dQPQTrbh.jpg

That one looks REALLY nice! Maybe we started something with that red kettle logo, although it was not my own idea. I saw it in a local Craigslist listing by someone who apparently occasionally does restorations. Your logo shows that just doing the red kettle is what matters. My try with also painting the letters and outline white took way too much time and didn’t add that much.

Hope it sells for full price nice and fast!

That is a great looking grill. Should sell fast. I am also going to give the red kettle logo a shot. I am thinking of starting my Skyline next and I think that would be a nice touch.

I hope it goes quickly, but KC is just not a great market for the 1000-5000/Silver and Gold Genesis.
My last Red that I posted a couple of week ago is finally supposed to be picked up tonight. I had
over 500 looks at on FB MP, but had to drop it all the way down to $200 plus a free full tank to get
anyone to reply. Lots or work and many many hours invested in that Red that will likely net about
$50 profit/ $2 per hour labor.
I have much less time and $$ invested in this, and hope to do better than $200. If so, I won't feel so bad
for basically giving the Red away.

Great work, Dave! I, too, love the red logo.
The red on the marker on the knobs is a nice touch as well!

And man do I love that lid - I don't know why, I just think it is a great looking piece!

Yes the grill looks great. I just finished one as well and have two more to go. But right now is a tough time to sell refurbished grills. At least in our area lots of posts are showing up with brand new grills after Lowe's and Target had their sales. Some people must have bought the new Webers in bulk. I am going to wait to sell my restorations till the market has calmed down a little. Maybe around Thanksgiving may be a better time when the stores have cleared out their grills to make room for all the Christmas stuff.

Yeah I am seeing a ton of new Weber grills being sold on CL so I think people have been buying up these sales and trying to turn a quick profit. I know it makes it hard for me when the same thing happens with KitchenAid mixers. Every once in a while stores will try to unload inventory and they'll dump high end machines dirt cheap. Cheaper than I can sell them for and break even! Very frustrating because than I have to sit on unsold inventory until sales cool off and my machines make sense again. Good luck!

Very nice work Dave, it looks like new. I quit rehabbing the early genesis grills just to labor intensive. I've done a couple of silver Bs and can get them turned over in a lot less time.

Back