Genesis Gold questions

John Sandak

TVWBB Member
Hey folks,
I got another eye out for another grill project. Yeah, there are a few in the pipeline. :) This one is a Genesis Gold. I have not purchased it yet. Wanted to know what's the deal was with this type of model. Are parts still easy to get a hold of? This one has a side burner as well. Your comments are always welcomed, so thank you in advance.
John

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 9.14.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 9.14.47 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
It is helpful to post the ad and your intent for the grill (keep or flip). That looks like it is NG which is harder to flip than LP.

I'm still new to identifying these, but it looks like a 2002 ish, three burner five flavorizer bar model.

I think the internals are the same as Silver B/ Silver C. That one has the nice right hand side table.

Personally, I prefer the look of the enamel lids, but that's a decent looking one.

Are you planning to keep it ? or flip it?

Here in my town, the NG versions don't sell as well as propane. edit: at times the NG models sell for 1/3 to 1/2 the price as the LP versions, and I almost always see the NG versions on the for sale sites for a lot longer.

It is helpful to post the ad and your intent for the grill (keep or flip). That looks like it is NG which is harder to flip than LP.
Thanks for the tip, I plan to flip this one. If it is NG, wouldn't i just have to change out the orifice tube to make it LP?

I'm still new to identifying these, but it looks like a 2002 ish, three burner five flavorizer bar model.

I think the internals are the same as Silver B/ Silver C. That one has the nice right hand side table.

Personally, I prefer the look of the enamel lids, but that's a decent looking one.

Are you planning to keep it ? or flip it?

Here in my town, the NG versions don't sell as well as propane. edit: at times the NG models sell for 1/3 to 1/2 the price as the LP versions, and I almost always see the NG versions on the for sale sites for a lot longer.
Thanks Danhoo,
I plan to flip this one. thanks for the advice

The stainless lid has an iron liner. If they are rotted they can drop metal on your food. You can rip out the liner, cover it or take it up with Weber.
Parts for the grill are still available

The stainless lid has an iron liner. If they are rotted they can drop metal on your food. You can rip out the liner, cover it or take it up with Weber.
Parts for the grill are still available
@BPratt, Thanks....I have a few lids laying around, would you know what else would fit it if that was the case?

@John Sandak The recommendation for a conversion is to to swap the manifold as the valves may be different. You'll also need a tank hanger, and a regulator. I think some markets may be better for NG than others.

I did not follow the recommended approach when I converted my E330 from NG to LP. I could not find a manifold available for a reasonable price so I just replaced orifices. My E330 doesn't do lower temps as well and I think it is because the valves are different. Not the end of the world for me because I only use the E330 for higher temp cooking, but for a flip I think someone might not be so happy with this.

Again, I'm not sure this applies to that vintage of a grill.

Any of the older Genesis or spirit 3 burner grill lids will fit. Pre-2007

Are Silver A lid's the same size lid as Silver B/C's ?

There is a free Silver A that popped up but I wasn't sure if it was worth the time and effort to get.

It seems like every time an ad is posted on TVWBB, if it's a decent item and reasonably priced, it seems to sell quickly. There may or may not be a connection, but I can understand someone's reluctance to post an ad for a grill that they have their eye on. It's a competitive market in some areas.

Here is one similar for $35 in Sacramento area on CL. This one looks slightly newer from what I've been told due to the black ends on the cart.

00i0i_l4cS0R9yEbuz_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg

Here is one similar for $35 in Sacramento area on CL. This one looks slightly newer from what I've been told due to the black ends on the cart.

00i0i_l4cS0R9yEbuz_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg

Dan, also the later Silvers had curved front tables where the earlier Silvers were squared. I thought all table ends were black until recently...

Thanks for the tip, I plan to flip this one. If it is NG, wouldn't i just have to change out the orifice tube to make it LP?
No such thing as an "orifice tube". Which tells me (don't take this wrong) you should not be messing around with gas fittings. So rather than a full explanation (since if you do some research Chris was kind enough to do a whole thread re this) the safe way whether going from LP to NG or NG to LP is to replace the entire manifold with one from your desired fuel source.

It seems like every time an ad is posted on TVWBB, if it's a decent item and reasonably priced, it seems to sell quickly. There may or may not be a connection, but I can understand someone's reluctance to post an ad for a grill that they have their eye on. It's a competitive market in some areas.
I can understand that but, if they want advice on the deal we need all the pictures and verbiage from the ad, to make an informed decision. That $35 one looks like a super deal. Can always find a manifold or valves some place, or wait for a person that wants NG.

No such thing as an "orifice tube". Which tells me (don't take this wrong) you should not be messing around with gas fittings. So rather than a full explanation (since if you do some research Chris was kind enough to do a whole thread re this) the safe way whether going from LP to NG or NG to LP is to replace the entire manifold with one from your desired fuel source.
No worries, Thanks for the tip, thats why this group is awesome!

Are Silver A lid's the same size lid as Silver B/C's ?

There is a free Silver A that popped up but I wasn't sure if it was worth the time and effort to get.
No, Silver A's are two burner and smaller grills. THey are are not interchangeable with the three burner lids.

No, Silver A's are two burner and smaller grills. THey are are not interchangeable with the three burner lids.

Thanks. I've only seen pictures and they looked smaller, but I wasn't sure. I don't think that silver A is worth the time and gas to chase down.

Question for those who have used the Silver/Gold series of grills: do they sear steaks better than the earlier x000 series? (With only one row of flavorizers and the burners being closer to the grates, I would think so, but you never know until you ask!)

Back