Genesis Gold NG to LP

Samuel

TVWBB Wizard
I picked up this Genesis Gold. I was going to part it out and use the wire rack, but the Frame was in such good shape I thought I convert it and give it go.

Genesis Gold pic 1.jpgGenesis Gold Frame pic 1.jpgGenesis Gold Frame pic 2.jpgGenesis Gold Frame pic 3.jpgGenesis Gold Frame pic 4.jpgGenesis Gold Frame pic 5.jpgGenesis Gold Firebox pic 1.jpgGenesis Gold Firebox pic 2.jpg

Last edited:
That works for me. If you replaced that front stainless piece with a black one, you would basically have a Silver B

I figure I would use this manifold to do the conversion. I think it was from a Silver C, because you can see where I previously plugged the hole that went to the side burner hose. Am I thinking correctly on this?

Manifold.jpg

I figure I would use this manifold to do the conversion. I think it was from a Silver C, because you can see where I previously plugged the hole that went to the side burner hose. Am I thinking correctly on this?

View attachment 95125
You are going to want to bolt it on and double check fit and for proper sweep of the valves for that particular control panel, but I think you should be good.

Can I simply exchange the metal top control panel for one that fits. I have extra panels.
Of course, you just want everything to match. In other words, you want the valves to positive lock at the L/M/H marks on the control panel. It's easy enough to figure out.

I believe weber made a lot of their manifolds with the port for the side burner. They just made them all the same but added a plug to manifolds that were going to be used on grills without the side burner. That allowed Weber to use the manifold on either style of grill.

View attachment 95125
From the picture of your manifold, it looks like you could go one of two ways. You could completely remove the NG fitting and use the hose I linked by directly threading it into the manifold, or you could use the one Bruce linked by just removing the gas line fitting.

Back