Genesis Gold C restoration ?

CB, I don't know if you're familiar with photobucket no longer allowing their users to post pictures on 3rd party websites unless you pay a giant fee - i for one cannot see any of your pictures.

quite a few of us have made the switch to other photo hosting sites, like imgur, flickr, etc etc. Anything but photobucket, please!

I got to the photos by clicking the links. The grill looks awesome. The son and Daughter in law will be proud to own that grill.

CB,
Your grill came out beautiful! Your Son is gonna be more than over the top with those results.

What method did you use to clean up all that plastic shelf trim?

Jeff

Thank you for the feedback!

Jeff, as for the plastic shelf trim, I cleaned it with Simple Green and a pretty strong degreaser (can't remember the name but I can get it) and progressed from a rag to a stiff plastic bristle brush. My intentions were to used some of the clear product for plastic car bumpers/trim but decided it looked good "natural", really what I was doing was taking off a thin layer of the oxidized plastic and as it turned out it was in pretty good shape. Over time I realized it looked nice just a matte finish since I really didn't want it to be shiny or have a coating that would start to come off and look bad. So then I used 0000 steel wool and more simple green to give it a nice finish.

I wish it had something to protect it more from the elements (handle also which is same material) but it will be covered most of the time.

CB,

Been using this for car interiors for years it has way more uv protection then armor all a superior product not cheap but it is not a gloss finish more of a matte. Use it on your dashboard and you won't get reflection. I am thinking this would work fine, it also comes in wipes now. If you use the Amazon link on the board and then put this description in you will find it as Amazon sells it.

When I got mine years ago I had to get it at hardware store if I recall the automotive stores did not sell it maybe they do now.

303 30350 Aerospace Protectant 32oz

Brian B, thanks for the suggestion. I have seen that before and have thought about using if for my boat interior, I will definitely give it a try!

I use 303 on my black truck vinyl trim and roll up tonneau cover. Great stuff. It doesn't leave the greasy film that Armor All and other do and the UV protection qualities is a big bonus.

Yes real good stuff use it on all my cars, there was a thread somewhere on the board a member used it on the control knobs which I am going to do mine, look a little dull after the bleach and water soaking, they came out nice though.

Sounds like good stuff, I would like to give all the plastic parts a coat knobs, shelf trim, handle. Can certainly use it on boat and cars too!

Back