Genesis Gold B Restoration

Andrew, here is a video by Troy at the WKC on how to refinish the plastic table on a performer. The steps are the same for the Genesis plastic side shelves.
If anyone has other tips, please join in.

Hey guys, this is the first grill I have ever restored, and my first Weber! Well, it's not a full restoration, but it is pretty close. Did this over the past weekend while socially distancing myself. Apologies, but I never took a full before pic of the grill - lesson learned.

I didn't have to replace anything besides the warming rack, and still have to find a couple of the swinging ones for the lid. Once this Corona Virus thing is over, i need to fabricate a new heat shield for the hood, but I need my buddy's shop for that.

I told my buddy who gave me the grill that I need to clean up my propane tank now. Might look for one of those tank covers...

hi
how did you get the tables looking so good. Also did you replace the frame or paint it. If painted, what kind of paint. great job

I actually have access to a full blown metal shop, so fabricating a new liner will be a snap - just haven't had the time lately, plus, I have been using the grill quite a bit! Appreciate the compliments on the side tables!

I wish you would fab up some SS cabinet panels for me.

t0sG1c6.jpg

Could you please share the sanding method that you mention above. Thanks
Andrew
Sure - simple vibrating saner with 80 grit paper - took that till it feels pretty smooth and all of the dark or worn spots are gone. Then I switched to 120 grit paper. Once it was really smooth, I just dusted it off with a cloth, and put some silicone oil on it. The oil I used was an old container that was used to fill the little shocks on one of my RC trucks I used to have. You can also use pretty much any plastic or composite protector. It was really easy!

Back