GENESIS E-320 NG BLK will only heat up to 450, is this normal?

I have never in my life seen a fitting like that. Also the person doing the video is really not doing the job correctly. First while teflon tape is OK on a 1/8" like this he would have been better off with PTFE compound not tape. Second you're supposed to tighten the flare fitting into the manifold than once you install the hose to the flare side you have to put a second wrench on the fitting or you strip the threads

Like i said, i tjink i have a 310 lp manifold. I will be home sunday and will let tou know

MDCurtis: I just checked my parts and it seems I don't have an E310 manifold. I know I parted one out this summer and for sure would have kept the manifold. I think I kinda maybe remember sending it off to another forum member though. Sorry.

Thank you for the offer anyway, my replacement manifold assembly is due in this Thursday but I just saw the new orifice I ordered are set to deliver today. They come predrilled at a #70, and from what I read on the web, the standard propane size for 3 burners 36,000 BTU should be a #57. The original ones were a #53. Before I drill any, I'm going to check the side burner as reference and see what size orifice it is. The entire grill is rated at 40K BTU, I've heard each burner is 12K, so the side should be a size to support 4K BTU. From the chart I have, the side burner orifice should measure a #70- #73.

I'm going to resize the 3 tube orifice to a #57 and see where it takes me. Worst case, I'm out $12 on new orifice. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Fixed!
The new orifice came in, drilled them to #57, and drilled out the connector to 1/8" to insure no blockage. The result after 8 min - 15 min with the hood closed on high. 600deg.
full

Heres the flames:
full

Very happy with the grill and the result. With the hood closed: High tops out at 600, Medium tops out at 450, and low tops out at 350. All temps taken with the hood closed.

Thank everyone, and I hope my trial an error helps someone in the future.

Back