Genesis Berkline?

CharlesG

TVWBB Member
Hi! Just curious if anyone had come across one of these before? What is Berkline? Was this some sort of giveaway or promotional item? I found another one of these listed out in the Dakotas, which makes me think it was done my Weber. It’s Blue, but 1.5 hrs from me. This is the first blue lid I’ve seen in 3 years within a reasonable distance.

Attachments

• 7B217903-9C9A-450F-BB51-DA4724759638.jpeg
    7B217903-9C9A-450F-BB51-DA4724759638.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 32
I've never seen or heard of one of those myself. I don't find it attractive in any way, but it is different.

That is about the newest promo gas grill I have seen. The promo gas grills are not common and the ones I have seen have kind of bland corporate brands that are not exciting in my opinion.
The graphics are part of the porcelain enamel finish on the ones I had. I couldn’t remove the graphics

Nice grill, but I agree that the graphics do not add to it. Berkline/Weber may have done a better design by simply centering the "Berkline" dead in the middle of the front section of the grill. It competes with the Weber badge where it is.

I wonder if these were intended to be given to employees. Their friends could come over for some burgers and see their nice new Weber grill, courtesy of Berkline.

Perhaps Weber and Berkline were trying to entice the exact same people to buy their products.

There’s a sweet red Snap-On tools Weber from the early 2000’s here in my town. I met the owner through a Marketplace listing on an unrelated item and we got to talkin’ carts and tools and grills. He acquired it new way back then and still uses it a couple of times a year, always cleaning it completely and rolling it back inside after each use. We wound up agreeing to source out some metal fabrication to him on my golf cart projects and we’ve kept in touch ever since through those repeatable work needs. I ask him at least once a year if he’s ready to part with it. The answer has gone from “no” to “not yet” over time, but it will be mine someday....

There’s a sweet red Snap-On tools Weber from the early 2000’s here in my town. I met the owner through a Marketplace listing on an unrelated item and we got to talkin’ carts and tools and grills. He acquired it new way back then and still uses it a couple of times a year, always cleaning it completely and rolling it back inside after each use. We wound up agreeing to source out some metal fabrication to him on my golf cart projects and we’ve kept in touch ever since through those repeatable work needs. I ask him at least once a year if he’s ready to part with it. The answer has gone from “no” to “not yet” over time, but it will be mine someday....
I saw an intact snap-on genesis 1000 with a maroon hood at a corporate scrap yard with a no picking policy. That was the only desirable one I have ever seen and I couldn’t get it. The search continues…

Weber has done several of those promotional logo grills over the year. I have not seen one newer than the Silver/Gold B?C days however. I think Kroger had one, Snap-On, and there was one I think was AP which might have been another grocery store. I am sure there are others as I had never heard of or seen a Berkline one before. I think they were all very limited runs and are tough to find. Some were probably only sold in very local markets as well. The only one that I know of that would really interest me is a Snap-On one. It would probably boost the value of a rehab a good bit as probably a lot Auto Repair shops would love to have one.

So, that is probably a good example of the logo grills being regional. You have seen/owned a few of those AF lids but aside from your photos, I have never seen another one.

Depending on the brand, and perhaps the nostalgia associated with products of that brand, these silkscreens can either add to, or take away from the charm.
A Ford or Chevy logo on a grill is Americana :cool:. Pampers diapers, not so much:poop:.

Yah, not sure if that was by design or not, but if not, it should have been flagged during inspections before it got shipped out.

It is part of the porcelain coating. It is basically just a different color of porcelain.

I have seen and gone over the snap on grill smoker. Awful. But I think that is different from a snap on logoed weber gas grill.

Oh yes, very much different. The Snap-On Weber logo grill is basically just a Red Head Genesis with the snap on logo on the lid. There may have been a few little upgrades, but other than that, is is just basic Weber Genesis Red Head.

Yes, to what @Bruce said. While the "Snap-On" private label one was absolutely AWFUL. A rust bucket of junk and embarrasment to the Snap-On name. Ask me how I know :rolleyes: .

Oh yes, very much different. The Snap-On Weber logo grill is basically just a Red Head Genesis with the snap on logo on the lid. There may have been a few little upgrades, but other than that, is is just basic Weber Genesis Red Head.

A bit too rich for my blood, but it does look nice.

FB Marketplace Snap-On Genesis $400 - Mt. Vernon, NY

1647726371976.png

That is a nice specimen. But I wouldn't pay that for sure. Outside looks good but it needs a lot of work and probably new internals to make it a keeper.

Back