Genesis 435?

RichAVB

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed that it is virtually impossible to find a Genesis E (or S) 435 grill. Everyone is sold out. Does anyone know if Weber is updating models or if it is just that people are buying a bunch of grills or factory closures due to Covid? All of the above?

I was thinking about buying a Summit but don't know that I see an extra $800 of value in it over the Genesis II.

I'd really be interested in the forum's feedback.

Thanks,
Rich

Try True Value Hardware. They have free ship to store on just about everything. I was just looking at getting a crimson Performer Deluxe from them and having it shipped to store. They have the 435s in stock and I could add it to my shopping cart. I do not think Ace Hardware has free ship to store, but you might try there too

I purchased my E-435 from an Ace Hardware and it took a few weeks to find one. Noticed the date code on a label is Dec. 2017, must have been sitting on shelf for awhile. My one complaint is there is a stain on the black cover from the marketing sticker they put on it. This is not residue, the surface is completely smooth. Tried every option to remove without any luck, Weber recommended vinegar or 90% alcohol, neither worked. Weber is sending a whole new lid assembly

Attachments

• 2020-07-04 15.34.51.jpg
    2020-07-04 15.34.51.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 16
My guess is that grill sat outside with the sun beating down on it for a summer or two and hence that shadow is burned into the ceramic. If you tried some #0000 steel wool with a cleaner and that didn't work, then it wasn't going to come off.
Glad Weber is sending a new lid.

Well, I would say that is proof that sun does cause the "dreaded fade" we often see in dark - especially black - porcelain.

I know I always tried to in Florida. I am hoping to have an open area place with a roof overhead to keep my cooking grills in the summer whenever I get moved to Indiana. Seems like with that it might be better to leave them uncovered and breathing. My covers took the hit for fading in Florida 🌞 but they also could trap a lot of humidity. A trade-off, but also protection from salt air blowing. Probably not too much of that in W Central Indiana :unsure:!

My guess is that grill sat outside with the sun beating down on it for a summer or two and hence that shadow is burned into the ceramic. If you tried some #0000 steel wool with a cleaner and that didn't work, then it wasn't going to come off.
Glad Weber is sending a new lid.
my local Ace assembled it, so it was sitting in a box since manufacture.

Here in the mountains of Arizona where there is little humidity the sun is the enemy of grills. The sun will destroy the best covers I've had in about three years. I have a large tree in the backyard and I built a paver patio between it and the house. So now maximum exposure to sun is about two hours. Now my new enemy is the birds that crap all over the covers, can't win for losing.

Back