Genesis 3000 from in-laws

After you clean it up, grab a can of clear spray paint and shoot that on it before you put it on the grill. That will hold back the rust pretty well.
Sounds good. Casters and axle are coming in today, still need to figure out where I'm getting wheels from. One of the sites has some for $25 with free shipping but it doesn't specify if it's a pair or not so I'm waiting to hear back from them.

I actually have two of the maroon tops, and no green or classic red. I'd happily trade a maroon for a red or a green, but alas, I can't drive to Chicago next week. Oops, I'm crossing streams. I guess the Sta Puft Marshmallow man will make an appearance.

It has begun... Found a black top LP Genesis 1000 for free! Could definitely be a doner for my 3000, but it's pretty clean. If it Sparks up, it just needs a handle, bottom tray and new wood slats. I bet this guy is a member here, he said he restores them but this one has been sitting for a while and his wife wanted it out for a party they were gonna have. He gave me the metal braces for the side table and a cover. He Couldn't find the bottom tray but he said he'd let me know if he found it. Grates look to be new, I'll take some pictures tomorrow. Super nice guy.

here's the one I picked up last night. Gonna be hard to use it for parts. Might just keep an eye out for a deal on a set of wheels and fix this one up on its own. I kinda like the smaller form factor to the 3000 if I was going to be running the kettle at the same time.
BEF29448-26D8-4FC1-AACB-72E1BA0B5747.jpeg0C99290E-59D8-4CDF-99BB-B18709E9F937.jpegB8D13212-EB42-49B4-B820-2CDDB5CA7898.jpeg

Boy that one sure would look great with a new stainless axle lol
Haha, I think I'm going to need to rehab both... Still looking out for a deal on 8" wheels for the 3000. I'll probably start another thread for the 1000 when I start getting some parts together. Bottom tray, flavorizers, slats, handle. Gonna be a fun summer :genesis2:

Haha, I think I'm going to need to rehab both... Still looking out for a deal on 8" wheels for the 3000. I'll probably start another thread for the 1000 when I start getting some parts together. Bottom tray, flavorizers, slats, handle. Gonna be a fun summer :genesis2:
Just keep your eye out for a good "donor" ha ha haaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That Black Gen 1000 looks like it has been rehabbed before because the Rustoleum Black Satin that was used on the Firebox if it was OEM it would be black.

Back