Genesis 1000 series originally sold with green lids?

HankBates

TVWBB Super Fan
I have looked a lot trying to find a brochure or other which shows green as an option on any X or X000 grills. Clearly green was shown as an option on Silvers, golds, etc., but nothing on the earlier grills.
There are so many x/x000s pictured with green lids, I can't believe green wasn't optional at some time.
Many of these are shown with durawood, perhaps the model 1100(?) was the only one with a green option, preferring to link green lids with gray slats?
I really like green on any 13bar grill........

I have looked a lot trying to find a brochure or other which shows green as an option on any X or X000 grills. Clearly green was shown as an option on Silvers, golds, etc., but nothing on the earlier grills.
There are so many x/x000s pictured with green lids, I can't believe green wasn't optional at some time.
Many of these are shown with durawood, perhaps the model 1100(?) was the only one with a green option, preferring to link green lids with gray slats?
I really like green on any 13bar grill........
I bought a 1000 used with a green lid.

If I remember it correctly, I needed an LP manifold, and the rest was just parts. They were asking $50. I offered $25. No reply. A few weeks later they dropped the price to $10.

I had and sold a 1000LX with a green lid, and I think Josh just refurbished one too. Does that count, or does the LX disqualify it from your inquiry?

It would be interesting to know what years they were offered. I don't see a lot of green ones, but we know they are out there.

Attachments

• IMG_20240621_151231765_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240621_151231765_HDR.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 5
Maybe if a curb alert green lid had endcap bolts it would go a long way towards indicating that Weber did put green lids on 1000s. Then, was it only done on specific models?

Steve, that grill looks like it has been rehabbed. Those might not be original end caps. I would guess about half or more of my grills get flipped with end caps that did not come with the grill at the factory.

Steve, that grill looks like it has been rehabbed. Those might not be original end caps. I would guess about half or more of my grills get flipped with end caps that did not come with the grill at the factory.
It has been rehabbed, by me. I don't doubt what you are saying about mismatched lids and end caps though.

Guess there are so many of these green lids on x000s that at least some had to come from the factory..
Thanks for all the responses!
FWIW, I just made a lid from an 02-03 Silver B appropriate for X000s by changing end caps. Debating now putting it on my dd little used 1000 which now has a red lid. Maybe change with the seasons......
IMG_1129.jpegIMG_1135.jpg
Kind of like the red look better, and I should save the green lid to go with the big box of durawood I have in the basement, waiting for a suitable frame.

Last edited:

Back