Genesis 1000 Porcelain Drip Tray

Generally, replacement parts are made until the tooling wears out. The dies to stamp (or form) a part cost a fortune. Maybe Weber had some influence on USA suppliers to replace their tooling, but I doubt it's the same with Chinese manufacturers.

For the new stuff, I get it. These grills are made in China, and my guess is they have a parts run for expected number of warranty items. Parts run out and it is not cost effective to make more.

I'll be candid, I never expected that the E330 parts would not be available, so it's good to know that now. I've got a little rust and I'll attend to that before winter.

Maybe I'll take up TIG welding as a hobby when I retire.

For the older stuff, I guess I was hoping there would be an option, and if it was simply grind a 16th of the pan away then it seemed good. Well for a few minutes.
Sorry but I disagree. I would expect at some point not to be able to purchase parts for the 13 bar cookers as they are 20-30 years old. A 5 year old Weber should have all parts available. People buy them to last 10-15 years, if not, then why buy a Weber at double the price of a Charbroil or Nexgrill? If parts are not available for that length of time I guess we will all be buying disposable grills for a few hundred dollars and throw them away in 5 years since no parts will be available.

Sorry but I disagree. I would expect at some point not to be able to purchase parts for the 13 bar cookers as they are 20-30 years old. A 5 year old Weber should have all parts available. People buy them to last 10-15 years, if not, then why buy a Weber at double the price of a Charbroil or Nexgrill? If parts are not available for that length of time I guess we will all be buying disposable grills for a few hundred dollars and throw them away in 5 years since no parts will be available.
Replacement parts are extremely lucrative. There is no reason not to supply them, unless your Chinese suppliers suck.

I recently
Replacement parts are extremely lucrative. There is no reason not to supply them, unless your Chinese suppliers suck.
Look at all the Chinese replacement parts that have popped up over the last few years for these old grills. I just bought an aftermarket 7515 Utheer drip tray and holder. I think it's nicer than the Weber one and it's half the price. Hopefully one of these companies will pick up on more parts. It's really Weber's own fault for outsourcing the parts that are available. It makes it awfully easy to make knock offs.

I recently

Look at all the Chinese replacement parts that have popped up over the last few years for these old grills. I just bought an aftermarket 7515 Utheer drip tray and holder. I think it's nicer than the Weber one and it's half the price. Hopefully one of these companies will pick up on more parts. It's really Weber's own fault for outsourcing the parts that are available. It makes it awfully easy to make knock offs.
Well, yeah, of course. Why should the Chinese continue to make them for Weber when they can just make them for themselves and sell them at full retail. Good luck enforcing patents or design rights in China.

Well, yeah, of course. Why should the Chinese continue to make them for Weber when they can just make them for themselves and sell them at full retail. Good luck enforcing patents or design rights in China.
That's how they roll for sure, and we just keep helping them along. The biggest problem I have with Weber, for example, is paying top dollar for something that they import from China and them pretending that it's still a top quality product. My brother's $2,000 Summit that's only 3 or 4 years old is a rust bucket. If he doesn't take it all apart every few months and clean it, it doesn't even work right.

It's the younger (18 -35) demographic that drives the market. The saying "Not your father's Oldsmobile" is appropriate. Each generation wants to define itself. What does that mean? Only the older crowd is interested in the older stuff...manufacturer's have to innovate and re-invent themslves to stay relevant. New, high tech, things you can connect to your smart phone, that's where the market is. Who cares if things only last 5 or 10 years? It will be outdated by then anyway.

I emailed weber support and the grease tray is available. Their reply is below.

Hello

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I understand your concern that you're looking to replace the grease tray on your grill.

I appreciate you providing us with the part information. Grease tray, part #62757 It costs $66.10 in USD, $85.80 in Canada, and is only available through our call center. Please contact us at 1-800-446-1071, 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT.

Please let us know if there is anything else, we can help you with. As always, we are happy to do so.

Regards,

It is funny that when I look at the parts diagram under the Genesis S-330 LP SS I have registered there is no price next to that part. I am guessing they are keeping the supply on the "down low" call me status.
Given that it is available and at a reasonable price have we determined that it is a suitable replacement for the 13 bar cook boxes?

What grill is that drip pan (#62757) for?

Yes, what Joe said, however I think it could work for the Genesis 1000

If:
- one could live with the drip pan offset to the left vs being centered
and
- if the less than 1/8 of width will fit. It might need to be trimmed slightly. I can't tell for sure because one of the rails is rusted away on my 1000.

Fore-aft depth is not an issue. It is over 1/2 inch deeper than the original pan from the 1000, but it does not look wrong from the front or back.

Wish I had known this a week earlier as I had both grills here and could have tested and taken some photos. I just sold the S330 last week and next week the Genesis 5 is supposed to go.

It is funny that when I look at the parts diagram under the Genesis S-330 LP SS I have registered there is no price next to that part. I am guessing they are keeping the supply on the "down low" call me status.
Given that it is available and at a reasonable price have we determined that it is a suitable replacement for the 13 bar cook boxes?

I'll see if I can get the screws for the rails out of the bottom of the cookbox for the 1000 I have. I have a set of rails to experiment with so I'll give it a try and let you know. It might be a few days.

OK, I had a bunch of parts from an older E3xx. I thought I had a drip pan and looked and yes I do.

I compared it to a deep box drip pan and the difference is big. The E3xx drip pan, while nice stainless steel is way bigger. I think it is from a sidewider and those drip pans could be different than the ones in the front control E3xx grills.20210815_122912.jpg

(edited for clarity and to fix typos and bad grammer trying to type on my phone )

I have the cookbox from the free redhead upside down. I think it is a genesis 1000. SN is too far gone to ID correctly. It is a 13 bar east-west deep cookbox.

I set the bottom tray from my 2016 e330 in it. I can't hang it because one of the rails is rusted away and the bolts are rusted. I Just hit them with PB.

The width looks like it will work.
The depth looks like it will work, but a stop might need to be added so the tray does not slide too far back and extend out beyond the bottom "line" of the cookbox. When positioned as I have it, it does not extend too far back.

If one can live with the grease tray offset to the left, I think this might work as a viable replacement. I didn't test to make sure the drip pan holder would fit, but they are pretty soft metal to adjust.

20210815_104603.jpg20210815_104626.jpg20210815_104637.jpg20210815_104655.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Bruce, I think I've watched your video before. It is a great suggestion. Unfortunately the only impact I own is 1/2 inch air impact, and its a high torque model for things like pinion bearings on a Jeep. I'm not sure if it will spin at low pressure, but it might be worth a try.

The base of the one I got for free is really thrashed so it would be a good one to practice on.

Dan, I wouldn't even try the 1/2" air impact. That would probably turn out bad.

Good luck getting those screws out. Give the penetrating oil time to work and let us know how it goes.

Back