Genesis 1000 LP Regulator Question

If you pull it in a garage with few windows, it might be a good situation to take photos.

I see these answers "adjust the shutters". If you have nice blue flame all you can do is make them worse. Everyone has to understand 90% of all the issues happen BEFORE the air shutters.

I can certainly believe that Tom has had an issue with aftermarket burner tubes. Aftermarket anything creates a wildcard even though most of the time these aftermarket parts work fine. I have been using a Genesis 1000 continuously for 25 years now and have come across most of the problems that you can have with these grills. I try to keep it simple and trouble shoot in this order either direction. Propane tank, hose/ regulator, manifold/valves, burner tubes/ flavorizer bars. You can start in either direction and always meet in the middle with the least likely culprit, which is the manifold and valves themselves.

I've been lucky I guess, however I've only bought three or four sets of burners and all were cheapest available that day on Azn.

I haven't adjusted shutters I've just installed them and used them.

I had three bad batches of burners with the incorrect crossover tube ( it was too short ) but I ended up using them anyway because the price was good.

I can certainly believe that Tom has had an issue with aftermarket burner tubes. Aftermarket anything creates a wildcard even though most of the time these aftermarket parts work fine. I have been using a Genesis 1000 continuously for 25 years now and have come across most of the problems that you can have with these grills. I try to keep it simple and trouble shoot in this order either direction. Propane tank, hose/ regulator, manifold/valves, burner tubes/ flavorizer bars. You can start in either direction and always meet in the middle with the least likely culprit, which is the manifold and valves themselves.
I can understand how the valves themselves could be "gunked up" from too much grease or whatever (since I've actually taken them apart to clean them before), but what could go "wrong" with the manifold? How could that part become compromised?

I haven't adjusted shutters I've just installed them and used them.
This is usually the case for me as well, particularly with side control models. I find myself tweaking the front controls models a little more often but still not with any regularity.

Finally remembered to take pictures tonight for comparison. This is a Silver B with 6 month old burners, all on high.

PXL_20230611_014116103.jpg
PXL_20230611_014150411.jpg

Those flames look fine to me. It might be time to scrape out the bottom of the cookbox and drip tray though.

Those flames look fine to me. It might be time to scrape out the bottom of the cookbox and drip tray though.
I was hoping no one would notice that. I was shocked that it was that bad so quickly after completing cleaning it last fall. I know what I'm doing this week.

I was hoping no one would notice that. I was shocked that it was that bad so quickly after completing cleaning it last fall. I know what I'm doing this week.
Believe me, I'm not trying to grill shame you. I only mentioned it because it could be affecting your temps since you were worried about the flames. I'm sure I have let mine get that bad or worse.

Yah, any gunk on the burners will affect the flames as well. You might notice that after cleaning a grill, the flames will burn yellow for a while until it burns off all the junk that wound up on them while cleaning the rest of the grill or the burners themselves.

Back