Generation 2 Green Performer

On this Gen 2 Performer can the handle replaced with a taco shell lid handle?

Last edited:
You are absolutely right Richard, that handle does have some distinct character to it. Now that I think about it I kind of like it to. I like especially that it is green.

What year is this? Was the serial number on the lid damper or where is it?
Date code would have been on the exhaust vent. Gen 2 is 2005 to 2009.

Perhaps there is a sticker on the backside of the control panel?

I talked to weber and I sent them a pic to identify it. They said info was on the lid damper. We got disconnected. When I saw your message I looked inside the charcoal bin and the lid damper was inside the bin. It was "DI". What year is that?

It's a good looking grill. I like the Gen 2 style.

I wish there was a good way to repair the cracks in the side table.

And if it were mine, I'd swap the older style wheels on it.

It's a good looking grill. I like the Gen 2 style.

I wish there was a good way to repair the cracks in the side table.

And if it were mine, I'd swap the older style wheels on it.
I have these that I bought for My Back in Black Performer. The Back in Black just has a broken cover plate but it's wheels are good..
I thought I would bleach the Gen 2 OEM Wheels, and see how they look. I kind of like the Daisy Style Wheel.

8 inch Weber Wheels.jpg

I had 2 of those plastic tables that were take-offs of other performers, but I gave them away. :(

Richard it was me that you saw dying the kettle handles black. I could dye the OEM Green Lid plastic handle, but I am leaning toward the New Lid with the Taco Shell handle. I do have a Yoda Walnut handle for that one also. When I asked them to make me a Walnut Yoda handle for the Taco Shell handle they made a mistake and made it for the older handle. They then corrected their mistake and sent me the right one, but allowed me to keep them both for the price of one since it was their mistake. Below is the Walnut handle for the Taco Shell handle, but I am liking the Black handle right now.

Walnut Handle pic 1.jpg

Here is an example of My other Performer's dyed black handle.

TXST Perforner pic 3.jpg

Here is Kettle I did with dyed Black Handles

Original Black Kettle pic 23.jpg

\

Last edited:
Yeah Samuel, I like the black plastic handles too but somewhere I saw someone with the original Weber style wooden handles in black. Might not have been this forum I saw it on though. I need to take your inspiration and dye a set of plastic ones black. I bought the bottle of dye, just need to get off my butt and do it. 😆

I dyed a handle black last weekend and for whatever reason the Weber logo came out....greenish.

Attachments

• 20220318_193716.jpg
    20220318_193716.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 5

Back