Gen 1000 regulator change

Brad Baker

TVWBB Fan
I bought a replacement. They each have pipe thread end. Check out the close-up. Will that short one work as-is?

lp_hoses.jpg lp_hoses_close.jpg

Don't even try that long one it is not meant for grills. It's meant for very high pressure applications. The shorter one is what is meant for a grill or standard LP appliance

Don't even try that long one it is not meant for grills. It's meant for very high pressure applications. The shorter one is what is meant for a grill or standard LP appliance
I haven't fired the grill up yet. The long one is what I removed. I was just wondering about the difference between the fittings on the end.

Wonder what nut put that one there in the first place? I will bet that grill may have been natural gas not LP so the PO probably got the hair brained idea to use that. They're dangerous trying to keep them at lower pressures. They're not stable enough

Brad, let burner three burn for a while. Sometimes the orange is just from debris burning off. Otherwise, you can try adjusting the shutter on the burner where it meets the manifold. If you loosed the screw on that goldish looking cap, you can turn the shutter to restrict or open air flow which will change the flame. I am not sure which way you would want to turn it, but you can experiment. Just make not of where it is when you start, so if you have trouble dialing it in, you can always go back to the way it was.

Back