GBCBwithHBP+BoverA

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Grilled Breaded Chicken Breasts with Hasselback Potatoes and Bacon over Asparagus.
Long title, long on flavour.

Yukons sliced thin, married butter and gaaaalic atop.
DSCN8392.JPG

Breaded boneless, skinless chicken breasts in seasoned Panko (Galena Street + Northwoods Fire, both from Penzey's)
DSCN8397.JPG

Thick@$$ bacon, at least 5 mm thick.
DSCN8398.JPG

both breasts + bacon on.
DSCN8399.JPG

DSCN8400.JPG

had to move the pig...
DSCN8401.JPG

...away from the heat...
DSCN8402.JPG

...while the bird breasts finished.
DSCN8403.JPG

Plated with sautéed asparagus.
DSCN8406.JPG

Not a FIVE STAR RATING, butt a decent tasty dinner this side of the mississippi.
icon_wink.gif

DSCN8411.JPG

Thanks for visiting...

I'll take a plate!
They did those spuds on cooks or americas the other day and had some tips. They used chopsticks on both side of the potato when they sliced it, rinsed the sliced potato, and nuked it before backing so as to not dry them out.

Paul

thanks guys
icon_smile.gif

Ed, DrP is good Sh*t and i had a taste for it at the time.
Paul, i used two wood spoon handles on each side of the tater... same result.

I like Dr. Pepper as well. Just used to you having a tasty brewsky or a Gin and tonic as a supporting cast.

What brand of bacon is that you used?

OCaPaAcJ!

¡??? ?oo? sn????ds? pu? s?o???od pu? u?????? ?u?pu??s?no

JAiadDPnt!

¡oo? ?nu ??dd?d ?p ???p ? s? ?uu? o?

Boneless skinless breasts, green veggie and carb, with exrea treat of buckboard bacon, equals healthy well balanced meal. Nice J.L.!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
OCaPaAcJ!

¡??? ?oo? sn????ds? pu? s?o???od pu? u?????? ?u?pu??s?no

JAiadDPnt!

¡oo? ?nu ??dd?d ?p ???p ? s? ?uu? o? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems that Bob's puter had a few too many brewskys
icon_confused.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Excellent looking meal Jim! Big fan of diet cherry dr pepper or just cherry dr pepper!

There's bacon on the plate so it's a winner in my eyes. A little vodka in the Dr.P works well. Nice looking dinner Jim!

Thank you for those great comments
icon_smile.gif
I appreciate all of them very much!

I was afraid someone would ask ? this question ?
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What brand of bacon is that you used? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Honestly Ed, I do not remember and I tossed out the package... My Sendik's store sells it, I'll look and tell ya Saturday (when I buy more).
Mike, Bob's ok, he just likes to talk standing on his head.
icon_biggrin.gif

Man that looks good! I would turn down any 5 star restaurant for a taste of that(not really true..But you get the point)
icon_wink.gif

Killer looking plate and cook Jim!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What brand of bacon is that you used? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim, you should try making your own bacon if your not already. Great lookin chickin

Back