FYI for all you pork butt junkies... Sam's Club is back down to $.88 per lb...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyro, I know that you are on Atkins and go through a lot of Pork Butt....but you seem to buy a tremendous amount. Do you freeze some of it when on sale or are you really going through that much? If you do freeze, how are you wrapping, etc., and how long are you storing?

Charles,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do you freeze some of it when on sale? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I most definitely do. I am frugal and a hoarder by nature so because I do go thru a bunch of meat.... When I find it cheap, I buy several cases.

It seems that I can never just smoke for my consumption and that I am always tossing on a couple of butts for friends and family.

During FB season, I cook a bunch of butts for every home game.

Also, I use butts for making sausage.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If you do freeze, how are you wrapping, etc., and how long are you storing? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My butts come cryovaced and that is how I freeze them.

I usually use them all within 6-8 weeks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I know that you are on Atkins and go through a lot of Pork Butt.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>As good as my pork butts turn out, you need some variety.

So lately, while still cooking alot of pork butts, I have been cooking more turkey breasts, pork loin, tuna and salmon. I'll do a brisket every month or so.

Funny thing tho, I can't remember the last time that I did ribs for consumption at my house. It would have to be in late august some time.

Sonny,

I spent 4 days in your neck of the wood a couple of years ago for the Ucla-Bama game.

The best way to put it is... I felt right at home.

It was several years ago and I still have dreams about Dreamland.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonny Jordan:
[qb] Hey Spyro,

The way you like pork butts so much (like me) are you sure you aren't from LA?

That is Lower Alabama. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Greetings to Sonny Jordan from a fellow Alabamian /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spyro Ananiades:
[qb] Sonny,

I spent 4 days in your neck of the wood a couple of years ago for the Ucla-Bama game.

The best way to put it is... I felt right at home.

It was several years ago and I still have dreams about Dreamland. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif We have a Dreamlands in Huntsville Alabama now Spyro! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I have to pass right by it every time I go to Sams to buy groceries. Its tough, but I keep my windows rolled up tight to avoid a detour! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back