Fun with yellow jackets?

Before our reunion last week, I was cutting the grass and saw several wasps flying out of a cast iron tea pot Pammi has on the porch. As we were leaving to go somewhere, she reached out for the tea pot. I told her "NO!" I was betting that they could fly a LOT faster than she could hobble on her new hip! After we got back, I took them out with some wasp spray. The nest inside the tea pot was 4" across! It's now at a landfill and the inside of the pot is stopped with duct tape! Yes, another use for duct tape!

30704534.jpg

Yellow jacket update.
Still had a nest under the couch, and my wasp spray wasn't doing the trick.
Today I used my pole and flipped the couch, then I saw why, a board underneath was keeping the spray from going through the wicker.
The little b*st*rds are now at my mercy!
Bwhahaha!!

IMGP3199.JPG

better you than me Bob. Gawd, I hate bees (regardless of the "good work" they do, just do it some place else ;) ).

Best time to get at them is early morning/ late evening when the temp's have dropped and they'er inactive.

Here's a vid (four cameras!) for a novel way to start attacking bald face hornets

These guys actually disrupt one cam then continuously attack a second. Strangely, they tended to leave the drone alone although at the end of the vid, the drone is covered in hornet parts.

Last edited:

Back