Full chicken wings

That looks awesome Brett.
I like seeing cinnamon in with the mix and I’m going to give that a try.
The smallest amount of cinnamon is needed. Its a warming type of spice so when added to the red pepper, it plays like the cinnamon is hot and spicy. So really it’s a nose scent.

I also use it in some char siu and ribs recipes. Just in small doses.

I have migrated over to cooking whole wings.

Easier to flip and cook a smaller number of pieces. And very easy to separate the pieces after the wings are cooked.

I have a feeling, that a mixed grill of sausages and wings might be the menu this weekend. I have slaved for the last two days!
Lawn maintenance, and helped my wife cleaning her closet yesterday and garage “cleaning” (read shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic) for 8 solid hours today!
This weekend is going to be a kind of “grill it yourself” gig come Saturday. Joints I didn’t even know I had hurt right now!

I have a feeling, that a mixed grill of sausages and wings might be the menu this weekend. I have slaved for the last two days!
Lawn maintenance, and helped my wife cleaning her closet yesterday and garage “cleaning” (read shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic) for 8 solid hours today!
This weekend is going to be a kind of “grill it yourself” gig come Saturday. Joints I didn’t even know I had hurt right now!
don't forget the french fries and or onion rings. both go well with mixed grill. and cold beers, of course.

Brett - is that sear grate the Weber porcelain coated model?

How do you keep it from rusting other than leaving the grease buildup?

I might have switched to the original SS insert since searing was not really needed with wings…

Brett - is that sear grate the Weber porcelain coated model?

How do you keep it from rusting other than leaving the grease buildup?

I might have switched to the original SS insert since searing was not really needed with wings…
Negative on the Weber branded one.

It’s this one which is true cast iron: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZPNGLM5?tag=tvwb-20

I just keep cooking on it and brushing it in between cooks. If it gets rusty, I’ll apply some cooking oil with a paper towel to the grate to seal it.

My main method is to just use it and brush off lose carbon. No need to deep scrape or brush it.

After I cook on it I just close down all the WSK vents and let the coals extinguish. It’s enough ambient heat to cook off fats. And then leave a protective carbon layer.

Negative on the Weber branded one.

It’s this one which is true cast iron: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZPNGLM5?tag=tvwb-20

I just keep cooking on it and brushing it in between cooks. If it gets rusty, I’ll apply some cooking oil with a paper towel to the grate to seal it.

My main method is to just use it and brush off lose carbon. No need to deep scrape or brush it.

After I cook on it I just close down all the WSK vents and let the coals extinguish. It’s enough ambient heat to cook off fats. And then leave a protective carbon layer.
I bought that same one. I like it.

Back