From Newnan, GA "The City of Homes"

Jeff Belcher

Hello everyone, been lurking for awhile and decided to introduce myself. I have been grilling/smoking for a while, I currently smoke on a 18" WSM, grill on a 22" MT and am in the process of restoring a Redhead Genie 1000 I believe(the tag is sun faded and cant read any of the info and I will need to source a new firebox). Anyway I am happy to be here, LOTS of good info. Thanks for having me!

Jeff

Welcome to the forum Jeff. Sounds like you have a nice group of cookers there. As for the firebox, you could check Craigslist for a donor 1000. That would also give you other parts you could either use or supply to others. Good luck with that restore and it would be great to post pics of the restore also.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Yeah the gasser needs some work, it was a CL find for $5 and the frame also is rotten. Would like to add a right side flip up table and a side burner. I keep an eye on CL everyday looking to see what is out there, just have to be patient.

Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Yeah the gasser needs some work, it was a CL find for $5 and the frame also is rotten. Would like to add a right side flip up table and a side burner. I keep an eye on CL everyday looking to see what is out there, just have to be patient.

Thanks,
Jeff

Frame is rotten as well ? I'd make that the donor grill and hope something better comes along. ;) With craigslist, set up alerts / notifications, it makes life much easier.

Yeah I am waiting on a better chassis, I bought this one just for the red head! I have an RSS feed of all " Weber" from CL sent to my email client. I don't miss anything that is "Weber" related(pianos, carbs and grills) ;)

Yeah I am waiting on a better chassis, I bought this one just for the red head! I have an RSS feed of all " Weber" from CL sent to my email client. I don't miss anything that is "Weber" related(pianos, carbs and grills) ;)

For $5...Heck yeah !!

Back