Friction Clips for Weber Emblem?

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
I'm cleaning up an old Silver A and broke the friction clips that hold them on. HD did not have them.
Can you buy these at a hardware store, or is there another way to hold on the emblem?

I've got the same problem on the Genesis 3000 I'm working on. I remember some time back there was a post about that and another way to mount the emblem, but of course I can't find it.

Yep I just use high temp RTV gasket maker. I have more than one grill with emblems held on like this and it works great. The cool thing is if you want to take them off just slide a plastic putty knife behind it

Self-Locking External Retaining Rings

97622a137p1s.png

I found some washers with the internal "thingy's" at Ace today. Going to give them a try, if they don't work I'm out $1 and will be going the RTV route.

The RTV route is MUCH better. You can get the emblem off easily and it will not hurt anything. I'd never bother with clips again.....................wait a minute............I haven't LOL

The RTV route is MUCH better. You can get the emblem off easily and it will not hurt anything. I'd never bother with clips again.....................wait a minute............I haven't LOL

I ended up using the RTV, thanks to all your suggestions.

Back