Fresh Alder Smoked Salmon

We get a whole skinless slab of salmon from Sams' (approx $22) once or twice a month and smoke lightly with alder wood.
icon_smile.gif
Seasoned It only takes about 1/2 hour and easily makes four servings. Season with seasalt, dill, and fresh cracked pepper...serve with dill infused melted butter
icon_razz.gif
coals 'n alderwood ..Here goes..Alder smoke...On the Money!...130* internal...mmmm

Rondo... looks good from here! I like to grill salmon fillets too. I season with browm sugar, Hawaiian sea salt and ground ginger... I forgot to mention the 30 lbs of King Salmon that I grilled with this seasoning for my son's wedding on the "wedding post". Tnx fo sharing...

joe

Good looking salmon. I was planning on getting some salmon today to smoke tomorrow just never got around to it.

Rondo that looks great! I will have to give that a try on the WSM.

I also like seeing the green foliage and no snow on the patio
icon_wink.gif

Hey Ron great salmon. What kinda cooking grid is that? I like the smaller holes. I'm sure it's better than straight on the Weber grid.

Hey Alexander
icon_smile.gif
...it's called a Disposable GRILL TOPPER by Oscarware Inc. $.85ea... I got em @ Cub Foods just outside of Minneapolis...we throw em in the dishwasher and re-use em
icon_wink.gif
...works good for seafood veggies etc.

Hi Ron,

What size WSM do you show in this pic? I'm going to order these grill toppers and wanted to know what size you have. I have an 18.5 and do not know if the 7X11 or the 12X16 fits better.

Back