Freezing dilema

Mike H.

TVWBB Member
I bought a butt and was going to make sausage. had everthing mixed and my grinder went to heck on me so I froze the meat. Finaly got a grinder and made sausage last night. If I cook the sausage do you think i can re-freeze or is that asking for truoble?
Thamks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike H.:
I bought a butt and was going to make sausage. had everthing mixed and my grinder went to heck on me so I froze the meat. Finaly got a grinder and made sausage last night. If I cook the sausage do you think i can re-freeze or is that asking for truoble?
Thamks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

should be fine. the don't refreeze thing is bunk. i've done it dozens of times. when isabelle came through here and we were without power for days, all my meat went into a cooler with plenty of ice and i refroze it all when the power came back. not a problem with any of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the don't refreeze thing is bunk. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Spot on.

You can make the sausage then freeze or make and cook the sausage then freeze. Cooking is the operative kill step and when you do it is immaterial. If you plan to freeze after cooking then cool quickly.

Thanks for the quick replys. Just pulled a butt off and plenty of fuel and time left to put on some patties.
thanks again.
Mike

Back