Freezing brisket?

Chuck Bench

TVWBB Fan
The store I get good brisket from is an hour away from my house. I'd like to get more than one at a time when I go because it's so far away.

What's your opinion on freezing raw brisket still in the cryovac and then thaw and smoke it later

I don't know whether it would be OK to freeze and then thaw it

If it's vacuum sealed then it won't be affected at all, you can store it in your freezer for months and it should defrost fine. The problem comes when air is able to get to meat which is when you'll get freezer burn.

The store I get good brisket from is an hour away from my house. I'd like to get more than one at a time when I go because it's so far away.

What's your opinion on freezing raw brisket still in the cryovac and then thaw and smoke it later

I don't know whether it would be OK to freeze and then thaw it

I do it all the time, no worries. If I see some on sale, I'll stock up and into the freezer it goes.

the only drawback is that the store is an hour away one way...but I live out in the country and it's the closest place I've found that has full packers...and they are nice ones at that...and it's a US Foods store so they usually have more than a couple of cases to go through

thanks for the input fellas...I picked up a floppy 11 and 12 pounder today...they are thoroughly chilled in the deep freeze now

Back