Freezeing Leftovers

Matt Y

TVWBB Member
Have people tried to vacuum seal and freeze leftovers? I was going to try that to save up some good smoked PB for the long winter months!

Friends look at me like I'm nuts when I tell em' the stuff freezes & reheats so well I know they couldn't tell the difference.

Hmmmmm I have never try to do that. We just eat everything in 2 or 3 days. If I make too much then I just geve
some to my friends ,family ................
Nice thing about SoCal is that you can BBQ all year.

Peter

I vacuum pack and freeze all the time.

Just wrapping the food up or placing it in a freezer bag does not work.

The food will dry out.

Vac Packing is the way to go.

I also buy bulk meat, fish, and chicken and I will freeze it in meal sizes ready to cook.

Keith

Tip for people using vacuum sealers: Freeze the leftovers first, then vacuum seal them. Depending on the type of sealer you have, sealing before freezing can suck all the juices out of a piece of perfectly cooked meat, rendering it dry and less flavorful when it's thawed and opened later. So.... freeze it first, then seal it. Just don't let the meat sit in the freezer too long before sealing it.

I've been using a vacuum sealer for about 10 years and it has paid for itself many times over, especially with the Costco-sized bags of things like block and shredded cheese, meatballs, burger, chops, ribs and roasts. Also, when I make a meal, I'll frequently make 6-8 servings, even though there's only two of us. I divide the rest into double servings, freeze them and vacuum seal them for later. This works for things like casseroles, meatloaf, spaghetti sauce, chili and many other meals.

Nice thing about SoCal is that you can BBQ all year.

Pff... I plan to use my WSM year 'round here in chilly Michigan.

Just laugh when I see my friends make comments like, "Oh good, I can grill again, it's the spring!" Bump that, I fire my grill up all the time in the dead of winter.

Pff... I plan to use my WSM year 'round here in chilly Michigan.

Just laugh when I see my friends make comments like, "Oh good, I can grill again, it's the spring!" Bump that, I fire my grill up all the time in the dead of winter.

Lol, I would too =)

Back