Free Genesis Junior - NJ

DrewZ

TVWBB Fan
I picked this up earlier this week with half a mind to part it out. Before I go down that rabbit hole, I'd rather see if someone might be interested in restoring it. It is complete and it does fire up with a lighter stick. It even comes with the original owners manual which indicates it was purchased new in December 1990.

The weak points are: 1) the cross pieces need new inserts--all four are rusted out; 2) the lid has faded to gray. I can include a homemade replacement black lid; 3) The grates and flavorizer bars need a thorough cleaning at a minimum and possible replacement; 4) all of the original wood slats are gone and have been replace with functional, but not-quite-right wood.

On the plus side: 1) it's complete--I'll even throw in a half-full propane tank; 2) it works; 3) it's a JUNIOR. They're not making any more of them.

Here's a Google Album with some more pics

AM-JKLVtfy-JD2VZj-UD_sGQNdRISYqIjunEGbGvjQlAqWBGBG2dKsEL9OwLtOiWy0otpB7IFLnVuIBSGbgzMu8mGLRkIy7EHEBBGxfeXghNxF5eFrNLYhtGHXjNOWefZinEiNGpzp87sToaE7e4W10weHnfSA=w960-h720-no

I picked this up earlier this week with half a mind to part it out. Before I go down that rabbit hole, I'd rather see if someone might be interested in restoring it. It is complete and it does fire up with a lighter stick. It even comes with the original owners manual which indicates it was purchased new in December 1990.

The weak points are: 1) the cross pieces need new inserts--all four are rusted out; 2) the lid has faded to gray. I can include a homemade replacement black lid; 3) The grates and flavorizer bars need a thorough cleaning at a minimum and possible replacement; 4) all of the original wood slats are gone and have been replace with functional, but not-quite-right wood.

On the plus side: 1) it's complete--I'll even throw in a half-full propane tank; 2) it works; 3) it's a JUNIOR. They're not making any more of them.

Here's a Google Album with some more pics

AM-JKLVtfy-JD2VZj-UD_sGQNdRISYqIjunEGbGvjQlAqWBGBG2dKsEL9OwLtOiWy0otpB7IFLnVuIBSGbgzMu8mGLRkIy7EHEBBGxfeXghNxF5eFrNLYhtGHXjNOWefZinEiNGpzp87sToaE7e4W10weHnfSA=w960-h720-no
I would love to restore it if I lived closer!

Back