Free Genesis gold restoration

Mine has a few weeks worth of cooking on it, but degreaser and a metal scraper worked well for me

Attachments

• PXL_20230625_220701984.jpg
    PXL_20230625_220701984.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 13
Here's my 'Before' photos.
I have a feeling it's going to clean up very well. He told me he used to pressure wash the cookbook after every family reunion.

tempImage2YmXcr.jpgtempImageDtlbFs.jpgtempImagefvkouE.jpgtempImage9wIGyl.jpgtempImageI68Zxg.jpgtempImageSQJRTY.jpgtempImage4XGy2H.jpgtempImageyJk4z0.jpgtempImageC1VQrk.jpgtempImage6pt7B7.jpgtempImageM7z73i.jpg

Exterior of that grill should clean up well. The problem areas I see are the lid liner and the inside of the cabinet. If that is just dirt and dust in the cabinet, you might be golden. If it is rust, you have work to do but definitely looks salvageable either way. Cook box and everything else on the grill looks solid, just dirty. A quick hit with a pressure washer and some scrubbing and scraping might make that grill look really nice.
It is up to you how far you want to carry the rehab project.

Yea, I’m guessing they must have been setting hot pots on it. I’ll see if I can buff it out.

Oh yea, I also forgot, when I got there he goes “there’s a surprise in the cabinet”

I opened it, and he said, “ it’s another grill!“

He included this mini kettle too 😆

IMG_8354.jpeg

Man, I think you should give it a try, you might find you love cooking on it! Looks like you could really spiff it up and have it look like new with some mild effort and tube. Nice score!

If you want a pair of stainless handles to replace those rusted ones, let me know. I bought a box. Thing is, with crazy shipping today, it might be cheaper to just get a pair at a hardware store or big box. Just be sure it is stainless. I used these. they are a common size:

IMG_1810.JPEG

Back