Free bag of Kingsford when you buy 2!

Looks great, but how do we actually get the free bag? I guess they send you a coupon? I'm going to find out.

I took a pic of my receipt after buying a 2 pack from HD at $9.88 and texted it in. I just received a text stating that my receipt is valid. I keep trying to register on my phone, but the submit button doesn't work.

I just went ahead and submitted my receipt and registered on a computer and it worked fine. We will see what comes and how I will get this "free bag". Hope it is legit!

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Combined with the Home Depot sale that's three 18.6lb bags for only $9.88. Can't beat that!

i actually missed out on the Home Depot sale this weekend, couldn't get away from the family long enough to hit up HD, i might still buy a 2 pack from lowes if this deal works on the 2 packs!

i actually missed out on the Home Depot sale this weekend, couldn't get away from the family long enough to hit up HD, i might still buy a 2 pack from lowes if this deal works on the 2 packs!

It definitely works with the two packs. Got my acknowledgement today.
dmbplln.jpg

Yea I got mine too. Sounds like you get a coupon for one 13lb. bag. Limit 1 per customer and 3,000 coupons available nationwide.

My coupon arrived today. I did the online submission rather than through my phone and glad I did. If you read the rules, in order to submit the claim on your phone, you give them permission to pass your info around and send you a boat load of spam texts.

After buying 20 bags of charcoal, Kingsford graciously sent me a coupon for a single 7.7 lb bag. I've now got 3 months to find someplace that sells bags that small before the coupon expires. Additionally, the coupon has a maximum value of $6.90.

Color me unimpressed.

Last edited:
Yea I got my coupon yesterday as well. No information just a coupon for a small bag. Now its up to us to try and find a place that sells them and explain to the store that its a valid coupon.

Picked up my free 7.7 lb bag of KBB at Wal-Mart today with no problems. That bag sure looks dinky compared to the two packs from Lowes or Home Depot during the big holiday sales. Can't imagine anyone would pay $5.88 for it, approaching $1/lb for KBB, but I guess they do.

Back