Free 5000 NG in Tiny ON

So another modified 5000 has popped up closer to me. Flame check missing, replacement lid. But the glass doors are there.

Is there any reason to get this grill to replace a deep box with the extra shelf on the right? The glass doors are fun, but really aren’t they just going to be a pain in the neck at some point?

The 5000's are pretty much collectors items these days. Sure you can cook on them, but they won't cook any better than a Genesis 1000. And you are right, the glass doors are just not very practical. Cool in a 70's/80's kind of way, but not practical.

I agree with Bruce, and I have parts for one that he gave me! If it’s cheap enough, you could do as you mention and then sell off the special parts you don’t need.

That’s a Genesis 5, not a 5000. Predates the thousand series, pre-‘93 if I remember. Very cool, wish I scored my twin (although mine is LP) for free!

I would think that having casters and the later molded folding table support would make it a 5000
Really like the lid,,,,

Yah, it looks 5000 to me. I don't see anything that I associate with the previous generation.

Yep I replied after a quick glance. The 5 doesn’t have that handle, and it doesn’t have the Flamecheck that 5 would have, and 5 doesn’t have the Platinum Series on lid.

Although casters, the 5 does have. I just looked at it quick and responded.

Back