FREE 22.5 WSM Brand New

Another Bob B

TVWBB Pro
To all of you who responded to my plea for help with the bland baby backs - I lived in Alaska for 40+ years and became friends at North Pole, AK with an Ol' Boy that called himself St. Nick. Now he has never promised me anything, however; he did say "Never forget your influential friends" and if you ever need anything don't be afraid to ask. Well, while I am thanking you for all your help, insight and information, I am also passing on a tip. Write this Ol' boy a letter. He said he fulfills requests on occasion, usually around the 25th of December. Seriously all, Thanks a million. The new baby-backs were great.

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks a million. The new baby-backs were great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what did you do differently?

What I did differently was cut out the mop with olive oil and apple juice and incorporated the BRITU recipe with 2 chunks of hickory and 1 each of apple and cherry wood. The difference was as much as night/day. The first cook was so bland it might as well have been cardboard. Thanks for all your suggestions. I now have a method/recipe to start with and maybe can develop a recipe I can call my own. Thanks again, Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What I did differently was cut out the mop with olive oil and apple juice and incorporated the BRITU recipe with 2 chunks of hickory and 1 each of apple and cherry wood. The difference was as much as night/day. The first cook was so bland it might as well have been cardboard. Thanks for all your suggestions. I now have a method/recipe to start with and maybe can develop a recipe I can call my own. Thanks again, Bob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice work. and it looks like you discovered the power of the tvwbb. The folks around here are capable of shaving years of the learning curve. My ribs and brisket are miles away from where I started and I attribute most of my success to interacting with the people around here.

Back