Franklin PK Grill

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Has anyone checked this out? I looks pretty interesting. Aaron Franklin has collaborated with PK Grills to put out his version of the PK New Original.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, but I have the PK 360 and am always thinking about going back to the Kettle. I'm not sure the PK360 performs that much better than the kettle, and the kettle is easier to clean and keep looking nice. I clicked the link and can't tell if the side tables are the same plastic waffle pattern than I have on my PK360, if it is, I'd run from it. The waffle pattern traps a lot of grease/ash and is impossible to clean.

The Franklin edition is cool looking tho, and I am a Franklin fan.

This looks really nice and I think Franklin is meticulous about anything he puts his name on, but man your getting kinda close to the Weber Kamado price which is a lot more versatile.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, but I have the PK 360 and am always thinking about going back to the Kettle. I'm not sure the PK360 performs that much better than the kettle, and the kettle is easier to clean and keep looking nice. I clicked the link and can't tell if the side tables are the same plastic waffle pattern than I have on my PK360, if it is, I'd run from it. The waffle pattern traps a lot of grease/ash and is impossible to clean.

The Franklin edition is cool looking tho, and I am a Franklin fan.
Nothing beats the convenience of Weber's ash system, especially when I'm grilling a lot. I just love when stuff like this comes out even if I have no real intention of buying one. The teal color does look awesome.

Last edited:

Back