Four Butt Cook Done

Well, I've now got two huge pans of pulled pork in the over sitting at 170f, and waiting till 5 pm when I take them over to my granddaughter's school. I put them on last night at 6 pm, and took them off today at 11.30 am. Let them sit for two hours and pulled.

I should get about 100 charity size sammies (as opposed to 60 family sized,) and make some change for the school. Used my own rub, and the minion method, though I always seem to run out of heat come morning.
Pics are here.

Mike, you're a good man, and it looks like you're also a good cook. Hope you sell everything.

Looks very good
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Looks really good Mike, as for running short of heat its usually best just to add some fuel when you wake up while you still have some fire left. Its really a pain if you wait too long and don't have much lit to light the new coals.

Thanks for the compliments. I sold two of the four butts, but the word was spreading. Thing is they usually only have pizza so most folks eat first. Next time we'll advertise first. Anyway it was fun, and some folks did come back for more.

Cheers.

I plan to cook 3 or 4 butts for our family reunion at the end of the month, and I hope they turn out as well as yours Mike!

Great looking cook!

Back