Found this beauty hours before garbage pickup

Wow, what a find! I have a 2013 - it's a fantastic grill. Replaced all the guts in 2020 - burners, flavorizer bars, heat shield and even new knobs. It runs like brand spanking new.
Agree! I've replaced the same except knobs (though they are looking dingy). Burners from Weber, flavorizors and heat shields from rcplanebuyer. Also, weber replace my side burner oriface which warped and the ignitor.

I'm fortunate that LOML surprised me during the short time they were available with the extension cabinets and tables for my E-330. Doubling the table space and storage, it really takes this grill up another level of magnitude. I'm down to only 2-3 nights a week grilling (because my wife can't eat what I fix due to alpha-gal), but for years I was doing 4-5 cooks a week at least. The extra working space right at hand is fabulous. Almost a full outdoor kitchen.

02771C2B-DDB0-4358-9419-2F4DA55FB934.jpeg

Here are some photos of the inside some people asked for. What are some ways to fix that rust issue if any?

Attachments

• 716375C3-EB6D-4F7E-89AB-F9B97DC052D5.jpeg
    716375C3-EB6D-4F7E-89AB-F9B97DC052D5.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 979AF688-8ABC-4860-88B9-43C92805C383.jpeg
    979AF688-8ABC-4860-88B9-43C92805C383.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 33
Best way is to pull that bottom cabinet pan out and grind all the rust off with a wire brush on an angle grinder and then prime and repaint.
Rustoleum Massey Furgusen gray is the closest match in color.

Yep, do what Bruce said and you should be able to save that bottom panel. The flavorizer bars are Swiss cheese so you could probably use a new set of those. I would also fire it up with the grates and flavorizer bars removed to check the integrity of the burner tubes.

Wow that’s a beauty! Always loved them in copper and blue. That’s a great score!!

As said, the rust can be dealt with and the fire basin looks like simple parts replacement. Neglect was the only issue. Take the firebox contents out, scrape everything down using a steel putty knife except on the drip pan use a plastic putty knife. Evaluate how the parts look (yeah, the flavorizors look shot) and order parts. Original replacements available at Weber, but search for rcplanebuyer to get higher grade replacements. The burners might need replacement also, but we all do that eventually. Mine had rusted bolts holding them to the firebox, but the new ones just laid in fine and I don't move my grill much -- no issue until next replacement if ever needed.

If it all seems like too much, see if anyone will give you $100 for a restorable E-330.

To deal with the rust on lower pan,and side panels, as Bruce said, but add coating these panels with POR 15 and rust will never return. Primer will not be required, that is the POR 15 job. Then top coat with the paint as stated.
To add this is not in that bad of shape. For say 200 you could have a like new grill to use for 10 or more years ,excellant find.

The other rust area to watch for is the front door pivot area and the lower leg where the caster inserts are. Even in my arrid climate I see that as an issue.

When you have it apart, I suggest removing the caster inserts from the frame legs and de-rusting the inside of the square tubing.

I own this grill as well - I have the same year, but in black. Burners were just replaced. At that age, I was told it could also be the regulator. Fortunately, mine was happy with new burner tubes and igniters.

The other rust area to watch for is the front door pivot area and the lower leg where the caster inserts are. Even in my arrid climate I see that as an issue.

When you have it apart, I suggest removing the caster inserts from the frame legs and de-rusting the inside of the square tubing.
And if the caster inserts don’t have 1/8” drain holes drilled in them then drill one in each insert.

To deal with the rust on lower pan,and side panels, as Bruce said, but add coating these panels with POR 15 and rust will never return. Primer will not be required, that is the POR 15 job. Then top coat with the paint as stated.
To add this is not in that bad of shape. For say 200 you could have a like new grill to use for 10 or more years ,excellant find.
Never heard of POR 15 before.

Just read about it on Amazon and it sounds like a miracle product.

POR 15 or also car restorations folks Eastmans Chassis black I think it is called, does the same protection but they have some color options.
This coating was designed for the Navy to fight salt enviroment. UV is about its only draw back I did a S310 cabinet and it was amazing I sold it when I moved to a freind and he still has no issues after 10 years. Great stuff if done correctly.

Last edited:

Back