Found On Road Dying

Ken Chapman

TVWBB Fan
My wife was going to the store and after about two minutes she called and said there was a free Weber on the side of the road. I begin to ask what model, what kind of shape is it in I wanted details. She just says, "its a free Weber on the side of the road, if you want to know all that, go look at it."

So I drive down the road and this is what I find.

It's in great shape, no dings or anything and the charcoal basket was full of KBB. Needs a cleaning and a new igniter but thats easy stuff. Now, I dont really need this or have room for it. So, I texted my friend and told him he's getting a Weber Performer for the price of a couple of steaks and a bottle of wine. Made his day.

You gotta love Weber's!

You did great and you have very lucky friends. Make sure to teach that friend the proper care and use of that beauty. You did a wonderful thing there.

Hey, my birthday is coming up on Friday!
What a nice friend to share the Weber wealth!
What's up with the cardboard and painters tape?
Backside of the "FREE" sign?

Why don't they throw things like that away where I live. All we ever see are brands that die after just a few years and aren't worth the effort to grab.

Yep that was the FREE sign. In fact it said FREE Great condition Igniter doesn't work but I included a lighter.

Sure enough there was a brand new bbq lighter in the charcoal bin.

A little back story on my friend is that he lost his job and at the same time his ex-fiancee called off their wedding and asked him to move out of the house. In the haste of moving out he had left his SS Performer behind. When he realized his mistake he tried to get it back. His ex stated she had given it away to make room in the backyard.

It feels really good to return basically the same bbq back to him.

All we ever see are brands that die after just a few years and aren't worth the effort to grab.

I remember 6 months ago when I put my 3 year old Char Broil out to the curb, inside totally shot, worthless. It was gone before the trash men came. I also remember about 3 years before doing the exact same thing with another 3 year old Char Broil, it too disappeared.

I'm so glad I finally saw the error in my ways.

Back