Found - a drop-in disposable liner for the 18.5" WSM water pan

Chris,

Did you ever get the 14" liner? Curious to see how that fits the Brinkman pan. Thanks!

Steve

Chris,

Did you ever get the 14" liner? Curious to see how that fits the Brinkman pan. Thanks!

Steve

Yes, I did.

Here's how it looks when you drop it into the pan:

khKEGjS.jpg

Here's how it looks when you press it down into the pan:

oTdHxu1.jpg

Here's how it looks when you fold the rim out, then fold it over the edge of the pan:

HgQTsVO.jpg

Remember, I've got two stacked Brinkmann pans to make the Piedmont pan, that's why you see two pans in these photos.

Chris,

Perfect. Appreciate you taking pictures. Seems like the 14" is the way to go if you have the Brinkmann pan.

Thanks!
Steve

I finally got around to a smoke with the 12" pans I ordered from AMAZON. The ones I have a perfect fit for my Brinkmann bowls (the original water pan mod using Brinkmann charcoal bowls). The ones I bough were the "Campliner" brand and here is the amazon link, $16.99 for 12 pans:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0052Y83NU/tvwb-20

Here they are with my Brinkmann pans. I just dropped it in, no pressing to fit and I did not try to fold out the rim. This is an "as is" fit. I had less than 1/4" to the bottom in mine so these may be a slight bit taller than the Camp Chef pans

I run 2 doubled Brinkmann pans (no air gap like in the Piedmont Mod). Less chance of a burn through in theory. I'm doing 2 large pork butts in the WSM for July 4th as an overnight cook. I put 1 3/4 gallons of water in the foil pan and had a little room left over for more if I wanted. Rock solid 225* with the BBQ Guru running the show for a long low and slow smoke.

kaUBfBch.jpg

YzYcIP7h.jpg

Last edited:
The only advantage of the 14" liner is that it can cover the rim of the Brinkmann pan, if that's important to you, but you do have to work the edges of the liner to make it cover the rim.

A followup to this post...

The Camp Chef 12" disposable Dutch oven liner worked GREAT as a disposable pan liner in the Winco 14.25" stainless steel mixing bowl in my 18.5" WSM. I left the greasy leftovers in the pan for 9 days and it did not eat through the aluminum pan as is often the case when using aluminum foil. Perfectly clean pan!

eObTHNc.jpg

GBDe9av.jpg

Today I'm using a CampChef 12" disposable Dutch oven liner as a disposable water pan liner in the 18.5" WSM. I'm using it inside the Winco 14.25" stainless steel mixing bowl that I recently identified as an alternative to the extremely deep stock 18.5" WSM water pan. The bowl is discussed in this video: https://youtu.be/s_inq7MQka0

In one of these photos, you can see that I've also wrapped the bottom of the bowl with wide foil so that inside and out cleans up in a snap. I may have other uses for this bowl, so I don't want it caked with burned-on grease/smoke.

X134QnU.jpg

C9pfiqf.jpg

HohVTJZ.jpg

p1I74fh.jpg

I know that this is an old thread but I'm doing the same thing on my 14.5 WSM. I'm using the 10 inch liners and making a bowl shape just as described in this thread. After each cook I just pour out the water and rinse the liner in the sink for the next cook. After 5 or so uses I throw it out.

The brim is wide enough after fitting into the pan that it covers the top of the pan lip that sits on the support straps. I've found that this area gets particularly dirty since drippings miss the water and grease gets baked on.

I know that this is an old thread but I'm doing the same thing on my 14.5 WSM. I'm using the 10 inch liners and making a bowl shape just as described in this thread. After each cook I just pour out the water and rinse the liner in the sink for the next cook. After 5 or so uses I throw it out.

The brim is wide enough after fitting into the pan that it covers the top of the pan lip that sits on the support straps. I've found that this area gets particularly dirty since drippings miss the water and grease gets baked on.
thanks for posting! I was wondering I'llif the 10" would fit the 14.5 water pan. will need to give this a try!

I've noticed since I started using the liner that there is less water evaporation if you use water. Something to keep an eye on.

Back