Found 1999 Genesis 1000 LX Burgundy in trash. Now its saved and going to my son

Looks like I figured out the answer to my own question. I ordered the below adapter to update and replace the original hose and regulator.

http://www.grill-repair.com/images/parts/gasfitting2.jpg

Brass fitting for gas hose connection. 3/8 inch flared male to 1/4 inch pipe male fitting used to join the hose and regulator to the manifold on pre-2110 Weber models and some others. The flared fitting does not need teflon tape or plumbers putty but the 1/4 inch pipe fitting does need a sealant when it is screwed into the manifold.
$6.

Looks like I figured out the answer to my own question. I ordered the below adapter to update and replace the original hose and regulator.

http://www.grill-repair.com/images/parts/gasfitting2.jpg

Brass fitting for gas hose connection. 3/8 inch flared male to 1/4 inch pipe male fitting used to join the hose and regulator to the manifold on pre-2110 Weber models and some others. The flared fitting does not need teflon tape or plumbers putty but the 1/4 inch pipe fitting does need a sealant when it is screwed into the manifold.
$6.

Did you mean 3/8 to 1/8 in that picture cause 1/4 male is to large.

I understand what you are saying Brian, However here is the explanation as to why they list it as 1/4 on their page.

Below is from the youtube video on how to change it and in the comments from grill-repair.com

@David Barhome Plumbing connections are measured by the inside diameter of the hose or fitting and the measurement also takes friction into account because galvanized steel, copper, brass and the poly-synthetic used most often today have tremendous variations in speed of delivery. If You Attempt to measure plumbing fittings with a measuring tape the inside diameter of copper and brass will often measure 1/4 inch and the outside thread diameter 3/8 inch. This does not change the standardization of US adaptors. This is a "one-eigth" male threading. I know it can be confusing and we've actually changed the description on the site to 1/4 because so many people get confused by trying to measure the actual fitting. I know it measures 1/4 inside but it is a 1/8 inch fitting.

Also here is the parts listing for weber grills. I ordered 00012.
http://www.grill-repair.com/parts-hose-regulator.html

We shall see if it fits soon!

Last edited:
Doc it is confusing not heard it referred to 1/4 before but if thats what they said its correct you will know pretty quick when you get the part.

Doc it is confusing not heard it referred to 1/4 before but if thats what they said its correct you will know pretty quick when you get the part.

I'd be interested to know if the correct part is sent... I used that youtube video as reference and ordered a 1/4" npt x 3/8" flare fitting from a different vendor (Amazon). And of course, the npt side of the fitting was way too large on the fitting that arrived. I ordered a 1/8" npt x 3/8" flare fitting and that was the correct size:

Last edited:
The fitting (male brass fitting) on an older Genesis manifold is 1/8" NPT not 1/4" Keep in mind this is referring to the ID not the OD of the fitting

Larry I think that is what Doc is saying they that vendor is using the OD for a measurement when the ones we have been buying are using the 1/8 ID as the description we will see soon enough. Most of the stuff I have ever bought they used the OD for that measurement.

Here is a good chart I found to help me at least understand what the heck I'm looking at.

And yes, I think Brian B Atlanta understands what I hope the vendor did with their description on their site. I do agree it is confusing perhaps more so than they are intending.

uc

Well if not you have the thread links to the proper connection and short money hopefully it works for you. Just seems kind of strange does not appear anyone else describes it that way.

NPT sizes have always been stated in ID. When you go into any plumbing shop, hardware store what have you fittings are purchased by ID. It is the standard of measure for all things to do with plumbing. So that vendor is totally misstating and confusing the issue

NPT sizes have always been stated in ID. When you go into any plumbing shop, hardware store what have you fittings are purchased by ID. It is the standard of measure for all things to do with plumbing. So that vendor is totally misstating and confusing the issue

My new fitting and hose with regulator arrived yesterday. With all the confusion in how the web page Grill-Repair.com has the fitting listed, it did fit correctly. Happy about that!

Back