Food Saver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick P.

TVWBB Super Fan
Does anybody own a Food Saver? If so which model do you own? Any pros or cons with different models that anybody has seen? Thanks for your help.

Nick P.

I have the model 800 and have been well satisfied with it. Lots of info on this Board and also comparisions of features can be found on the Tila site.

Paul

I have been using a model 750 for the last 2 years and love it. I am not really sure how we ever got along without it.

My favorite thing to do is cook a large pot of beans. I then let them cool to almost room temp. Then I fill several of those disposable plastic containers with lids and freeze for about 4 hours. This makes a soft brick that can then be put in the vacuum bag and sealed tight.

Now any day I want "fresh tasting" beans without all the work, I just drop a bag of the frozen beans in a pot of boiling water for about 30 minutes and BAM ... great beans without all the work. This trick works great with brisket as well.

I've got the model 800 like Paul. I love it! I got mine at Amazon when they had a special $$ off promotion.

In fact, if I'm not mistaken you can use the PROSEPTEMBER link at the beginning of this forum to get $20 off. And free shipping.

Oops.. nope... Amazon now has the FS 800 for $99 and you'd have to purchase $30 more stuff to qualify for the PROSEPTEMBER $20 off. Or you could get the FS 900 for $129 and get the $20 off.

I have a 1050 also. BJ'S has a value package that includes device, bag and cut storer, many bags and custom make bags and 2 bulk canisters for $119.00 for everything! I love it. I have 4 lbs of pork butt waiting for me whenever and I have also used it when I bought a 7lb beef tenderloin. I cut up a total of 12 filet mignons and foodsavered them. Broke out 3 the night before last and they were great!!

GO GET ONE NOW!!

icon_biggrin.gif
Received the 1050 as a gift about 6 months ago and really love it. Have sealed and frozen green beans, corn on the cob, roasted red bell pepper and cantaloupe not to mention hamburger, ground turkey, pulled pork, brisket, and various kinds of sausage that go on sale.

I agree with, "How did we ever get along without it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back