Flipping Weber Genesis grills

I have a couple tips:

When searching for grills don’t just use Weber as a key word. Try Webber, BBQ barbecue and grill. I see Weber grills pop up all the time under different searches. Also look under the sections for free stuff, garage sales and estate sales.

Probably a no brainer but don’t overpay for a grill you plan on flipping! I like free and anything under $50.

I prefer stainless hardware. Buy it in bulk from Bolt Depot. Much cheaper than just buying a few bolts here and there from the hardware store.

Branden,
If you have access to Sams Club, their Members Mark grill cleaner is virtually identical and a lot cheaper. A comparison was done here, I believe by Dave in KC, and he found essentially no difference.

Branden,
If you have access to Sams Club, their Members Mark grill cleaner is virtually identical and a lot cheaper. A comparison was done here, I believe by Dave in KC, and he found essentially no difference.
Amazon is a sell-through for Sam's Club grill cleaner, albeit with a markup.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0024COLK2/?tag=tvwb-20

EDIT: I think it's good stuff. I used it on some parts in the kitchen sink and it left the sink in immaculate condition, which scored major points with the wife. She usually frowns on me using her sink, but now she welcomes it. It's a win-win for me.

Does the burn off make this cleaner safe to cook with??? Or do you do a soap and water rinse after using this cleaner?
Good info on this thread. Hey Bruce...I noticed on one of your flip pics the black plastic frame end handles looked great...what do you use on them to make them look so good? I use 303 Aerospace on mine.

Yeah, wash it off. Sodium hydroxide (lye), which this stuff is made of, feels greasy. Wash it off until that feeling goes away.

EDIT: Soap, in the traditional sense, is made from animal fat and lye, but you can wash lye off with a detergent (dish or wash soap, a synthetic)

Thanks for the replies.....i have always been funky about the harsh chemicals.......I never really understood Easy Off....never used it. I just figured those fumes would linger for a long time after. That said cleaning grill grates especially the porcelain covered cast iron that I have to be so gentle with....some mega chems sure would help.....ya mega chems......

Back