flat top griddles/planchas...which one is the one i should buy?

Bruce McClure

TVWBB Fan
So, The Bride™️ keeps asking me what I'd like for my birthday/father's day. I've been kicking around the idea of a flat top for my kettle performer. Can anyone offer any advice on which one is the best bang for the buck?
  • I've noticed Slow n Sear now has one
  • Hunsaker keeps popping up as I research
  • Has anyone heard of Lava Lock?
Looking for some thoughts here, fellow grillers.

I just used weber's griddle insert that goes in the middle of their 22" performer or WSK grill. It works pretty well for smash burgers. I haven't tried anything else (yet). It's roughly 12" in diameter and will do 3 to 4 burgers at a time. If you're looking for something that'll do a lot of food at once, this is probably not your best option. If you want to cook a lot and once, I'd do that hunsaker thing in Ryan Burke's post - that looks like a lot of fun to cook on. Hunsaker has been around a few years and will likely be around for a few more. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their products.

I have one as well. I have done burgers, breakfast, fried rice, chicken thighs, but that's about it. What have you done that sticks out?

My wife loves smashburgers done on it. We've made a few good breakfasts, too. I've got to find some good recipes for this type of cooking...but I've been too damn busy to sit down and do it!

My wife loves smashburgers done on it. We've made a few good breakfasts, too. I've got to find some good recipes for this type of cooking...but I've been too damn busy to sit down and do it!
Nice, in the process of seasoning a double sided griddle insert now for summit gasser . 3 coats to go. Cant wait

I have the SnS cast iron Drip ‘n Griddle. It’s a great fit. It leaves half the grate open; whether that’s a bug or feature is up to you.

Back