First Weber Gas Grill - 1993 Genesis Red 1100

Beautiful restoration. I'm a little jealous. I drove by one of those on the curb (one and only time) but I'd had too much time on the road...... spent 16 hours on the road (8 hrs each way, had a quick out of town job), came home for a day, went to visit some family 4 hours away...... then on the way to get my dog from a friend's house it was right there....but I drove past (hadn't hit the restroom in 290 miles), grabbed the pooch & hit the store then went home. I thought a few times it'd make a nice grill for me or the family.... i was tired so that's my excuse.

Yours is beautiful. I love my PCI grates, but your stainless grates (and wood work) look top notch. I'd like to try cooking on them.

Thanks. The RCPlanebuyer grates are awesome. I never had steel rod grates before and thought food sticking may be an issue, but its not. So far the grill has been working very well, and used multiple times a week. Hits 550F in 5-6 minutes.

If anyone else from Sacramento is reading this and wanting a red grill, there is one on craigslist for $30 with Weber spelt wrong, so not likely to sell in a hurry. Looks like a good candidate for a restoration, I wish I had a way to collect it. I know some people find these free, but I would think that's the exception rather than the rule, and $30 seems more than fair. Maybe I will find a way to collect it ...

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/5864151544.html

Screen_Shot_2016_11_08_at_2_27_36_PM.png

Looks like a good fine. I feel info one for a friend a few weeks back. Same great condition as mine when I bought it, but his was $10. I'd grab that if I was nearby. Mine is an 1100, but I'd like to get a larger frame to add the extra shelves.

Looks like a good fine. I feel info one for a friend a few weeks back. Same great condition as mine when I bought it, but his was $10. I'd grab that if I was nearby. Mine is an 1100, but I'd like to get a larger frame to add the extra shelves.

Yeah, that was my thought too, the larger frame ... even if it was just converted into a bbq table for my current project. I just a) don't have a pickup to collect it, and b) have no shed space left until I get some projects finished. There's another Performer stainless for $50 this week too though ... Craigslist will be the end of me.

That's what I did with my 1000, it really is great having all the space.
DSCN3222_zpsi9ewk4ty.jpg

What an awesome job you did on this Redhead. I just got my first one yesterday and cant wait to fix it up. Thanks for all of the info you put into this thread.

Back