First time with Larry's rub

Bill Pearson

TVWBB Super Fan
Doing some BabyBacks today useing Larry's "Wolfe Rub Original", I normaly use my own blend, but I really enjoyed the Wolfe Rub on some chops so I'll try it on these.

Follow along on my twitter page.

Used it on Pulled Pork last week and thought it was excellent. Was surprised at how much sugar was in it but it really worked well and the other spices and flavors offset any sweetness I was expecting.

Bob

Me too...
I've got a chuck roast working now, and 3 racks of baby backs to go on at noon. I made up a batch of the original last night to use today. Indeed, it seems like a lot of sugar. I'm hoping that will creat lots of tasty bark.

Dave

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jefferey:
Wolfe Rub Original going on ribeye steaks tonight but definitely interested in how it tastes on ribs </div></BLOCKQUOTE> My oldest daughter won't eat a steak without WRO on it. I prefer WRB on steaks though. How did you like the original on the steak? When I cook her steaks with WRO I will lightly season it before searing (too much and it will burn fast due to the sugar), and then when I flip add a liberal amount to the hot side to begin melting, then when I plate, I put the seasoned side down and put another layer of rub on it for the resting period. By the time it's ready to eat, all of the rub has melted into the meat to form a sauce if you will.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Cohen:
Me too...
I've got a chuck roast working now, and 3 racks of baby backs to go on at noon. I made up a batch of the original last night to use today. Indeed, it seems like a lot of sugar. I'm hoping that will creat lots of tasty bark.
Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will indeed give you alot of bark! Glad you guys are trying and enjoying it! Are you using the Original or Bold on the chuck??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Cohen:
I am using the original on the chuck, and the ribs as well, once they go on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That will work fine! Try WRB on a chuck sometime, that's one of my favorite combinations.

The ribs were fantastic, The Wife said possbly best ever
icon_smile.gif

Going to mix up some Wolfe Bold today and try that on some chops.

Once again thanks Larry and best wishes
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Pearson:
The ribs were fantastic, The Wife said possbly best ever
icon_smile.gif

Going to mix up some Wolfe Bold today and try that on some chops.

Once again thanks Larry and best wishes
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is thanks enough!! But I should be thanking you!!

Once you get the Bold done, give it a whirl on some beef too!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
Try WRB on a chuck sometime, that's one of my favorite combinations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Like we didn't know already, the man knows. Smoked a 7 lb chuck last week with the bold and it was great. Don't forget to add additional rub to the pulled meat, assuming you are pulling. I think I ate a pound before the pan made it to the fridge.

I just finished a Rib Eye with the Bold Rub. All I can say is it was the best steak I have grilled in a very long time!
Thanks Larry

did ribs for mother's day using WRO; fantastic! I'll be using it on some butts this weekend
icon_smile.gif

I'm looking forward to a batch of WRB for the steaks, as WRO was just a tad too sweet for the beef.

I did sprinkle WRO on some biscuits before i popped them in the oven...they were delicious!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sean S.:
did ribs for mother's day using WRO; fantastic! I'll be using it on some butts this weekend
icon_smile.gif

I'm looking forward to a batch of WRB for the steaks, as WRO was just a tad too sweet for the beef.

I did sprinkle WRO on some biscuits before i popped them in the oven...they were delicious! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was sure you were gonna think that!! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the Bold on beef.

The Bold was fantastic on the chops, I can see where it would be great on beef.

Larry I have a question, after I pulsed in the foodpro the minced onions and garlic really broke down, almost to a powder. Is that to be expected? I thought you posted a picture of your rubs after blending, but I can't find it.

Thanks Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sean S.:
i really really liked it on the biscuits, though </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah, I gotta friend who loves it on his toast in the morning! Try it on popcorn, my daughter loves that! Just put it on when it's hot!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Pearson:
The Bold was fantastic on the chops, I can see where it would be great on beef.

Larry I have a question, after I pulsed in the foodpro the minced onions and garlic really broke down, almost to a powder. Is that to be expected? I thought you posted a picture of your rubs after blending, but I can't find it.

Thanks Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE> No, it should be both all three rubs should be very coarse. How long are you pulsing for each pulse? Is it breaking down the sugar too?

It broke down the sugar also, probably pulsed for less than 3 seconds but our new Foodpro has got some grunt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it's new and very sharp....Put some rocks i it to dull the blade a bit!
icon_eek.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
Just kidding.

Push the button and immediately stop, repeat until everything is combined. 3 seconds doesn't sound like a long time but with a good processor it's an eternity!

Oops I meant less than 30 seconds
icon_redface.gif
, but I see your point from other posts your just mixing not trying to breakdown the larger particles.

How do we get Larry's products? The web site says Sold Out Until Further Notice. I hope this is a sign of incredible success!

Back