first time pizza

Keith Kenney

TVWBB Fan
This is my first time making pizza. Started out with the home made pizza dough on Penzeys website used store bought sauce and sausage and cheese for topping.
This is the Oven of choice.
IMG_1567.jpg

This the pizza just going on the smoker
IMG_1564.jpg

The half way point
IMG_1565.jpg

Now the finished product.
IMG_1566.jpg

This has got to be the best pizza I have ever had. No more frozen pizza for me. My lovely wife said she could eat this everyday. Man do I love that woman. Thanks for looking

I would think the fire bricks wouldn't be necessary in the WSM, wouldn't the pie be plenty high enough above the coals on the top rack already?

I will have to try making a pizza in my WSM, seems like a great idea with the water pan removed.

The fire ring was put on the lower grate. then the top grate with the fire bricks. This helps get the high heat I was looking for. I saw someone else do this so I had to try it. My temp was peg all the way around to 150% so I would say It was running 500 to 550 at the lid. If it wasn't for this site I would never had the guts to try any of these cooks.

pizza looks good.

i always fail at dough, i've been buying dough balls from rosatis and macciannos for the last couple years

Great looking pizza, Keith!

I'm still looking for a good dough recipe to try, and that one looks very good. I've been buying dough from Publix, which works great in the oven, but not so well on the grill. If you let it sit overnight in the fridge, it tends to be very spongy and difficult to spread out into anything resembling a pizza shape.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
That pie looks incredible Kieth! The top browned perfectly! How long did it take? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shaun The pizza was on for about 15 mins. I turned it 180% at 8 mins then finished.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Back