First spin with my new CB Rotisserie.

I love my Roti it's almost like cheating! I bought a SnS setup and used it with my new basket and the smells that I was getting made my mouth water!
lRgSBvul.jpg

KMpbUVsl.jpg

I love my Roti it's almost like cheating! I bought a SnS setup and used it with my new basket and the smells that I was getting made my mouth water!
lRgSBvul.jpg

KMpbUVsl.jpg
Love that blue performer setup Ron. I see you have the same basket as I have. Do you have issues with it sliding around on the spit rod because the hole in the basket is larger than the rod? I am scared to tighten mine too tight as the bracket bends.

I
Love that blue performer setup Ron. I see you have the same basket as I have. Do you have issues with it sliding around on the spit rod because the hole in the basket is larger than the rod? I am scared to tighten mine too tight as the bracket bends.
I snugged it up and haven't noticed any movement when I remove it from the ring.

Looks fantastic, Michael! The only thing that trumps roasted (on the grill, of course) chicken is rotisserie chicken!

....however, my favorite part of your post was seeing your daughter in shorts and open-toed shoes in the hail! :) Reminds me of my middle kiddo when she was a bit younger! :)

R

That was the only thing that surprised me. It was on for 2 hours and I pulled it at 165 in the breast and 155 in the thigh. I think it could have gone longer and I was surprised that the thighs were reading lower then the breast.
I took my probe through the top vent and had it hanging pretty level with the spit so I felt comfortable with the temps reading I was getting, I will see if those are normal times temp experience as I keep cooking with the new Rotisserie.
That happened to me once the chicken just seemed to take forever. I was going by my electronic temp gauge at grate level. Now on the gasser I set the end burners on medium to low. On the kettle I set the bottom and top about 1/3 to 1/2 open. If the skin is not getting burnt just turn up the heat. If the skin is getting too done turn down the heat.

Looks great, have been thinking about picking the rotisserie up and threads like this keep pushing me in the Right direction.

Back