First pork tenderloin - huge success

Dave M..

TVWBB Member
I've had my wsm a few months now, and have been enjoying experimenting with different types of meats, and trying to learn/improve. Last night we tried our luck at our first pork tenderloin. We used the 'disappearing pork tenderloin with pico de gallo' recipe...and as others have reported, it was just awesome! We made the marinade, vac sealed it in a bag, and then let it sit for 2 hrs in the fridge...took it out and hit it with the rub while it came to room temp for 20-30 mins..then threw it on the wsm next to some loin backs at 225F, over top of some lump and a tiny bit of cherry wood. It took about 1.5 hrs or a hair longer, and I flipped it once at about 40 mins. This was an instant favorite! It was so tender and juicy, and the flavor was complex and delicious. Two of us ate the entire tenderloin! Talk about puns n pigs! ;) Google disappearing pork tenderloin and you'll find the recipe - highly recommend.

Here are some pics of the various steps and final product. We didn't pretty up the plates or take pics before trying it.. sorry about that! But you can definitely see how juicy it was..

Gettin it's marinade on..
2013-06-02_15-50-32_202_zps4fb9e624.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pico prepped!

All rubbed up and ready to go on..

Just off the smoker and ready for a 5 min foil rest..

Oh yeah!

Back