First piece of beef on my new WSM a "London Smoke"

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
20200413_173525.jpg
I did my first piece of beef on the WSM tonight. My wife got me a 2 lb "London Broil" so I marinaded it overnight and smoked it for 45 mins at 250 with a piece of pecan wood on the pit. Then took apart the WSM and put the grate over the coals for 10 mins. This is as I started to cut it after 15 min rest. Also make some smoked boneless skinless chicken breast for those who didn't want the "London Smoke"20200413_172557.jpg
Here are both as they were being served.20200413_173959.jpg

That looks great, Michael! I bet the smoke flavor you got on the LB before hitting it with direct coals was great. Good thinking out of the box on that one! (Oh, and the chicken looks good, too.) :)

R

That looks great, Michael! I bet the smoke flavor you got on the LB before hitting it with direct coals was great. Good thinking out of the box on that one! (Oh, and the chicken looks good, too.) :)

R
Yeah, the smoke flavor was fabulous, the only thing I was hoping for was some grill char marks from the time directly over the coals. Is there an tricks to get that high heat from that set up?

Never did a LB before, but i think you inspired me to give it a try, and loving the creative technique !!!

Never did a LB before, but i think you inspired me to give it a try, and loving the creative technique !!!
My son is asking for me to make it again. I tenderizing it with a jacard and marinating it over night (equal parts red wine vinegar and EVOO, and 2 parts BBQ sauce and some crushed garlic). I think that was key to it turning out so good. The only thing I will do different the second time around is have the smoky Joe as hot as I can get it to try to get that reverse sear.
Michael

Back